RKS Server Near-Real Time Stats

PY004

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
These images will update every 10 minutes (unless the server failed).

Couple things: There are no pring boosters in operation on any RKS servers except on one of the US East servers that currently do not host any MSC servers. That particular server runs a Killing Floor server which forces the high precision event timers to activate therefore causing the same effect as a ping booster on the server. However, I will reiterate that this server does not host any MSC servers. Secondly, The servers are not overloaded. 99.5% of the time, the processor usage is less than 50% and >75% CPU usage has been realized only 6 times in the last week (citing TX server and excluding the times when I was running maintenance), and alll of them lasted less than 13 seconds, with 4 of them lasting less than 5 seconds. CPU usage peaks tend to happen during map changes and certain maps in certain situations. So if you have suggestions, I really want to hear them, but please do not send me insulting hate mails full of vulgar words. Thank you!!!

US East - Note: No CPU graphs are available as this server has too many cores/threads to be displayed in this program.
stats24.png

US Central Server
stats24.png

UK Server
stats24.png

SilentDeath

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
I just want to say, Thank you a lot for hosting all these servers.

cartman-2000

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Have you tried the -noaff startup flag for the game servers? Still looks like they are all locked to a single core as there's barely any cpu usage on the other cores. For me when trying to run multiple servers without the flag on dual core or more servers they all get locked to the core the first server started on.

• Admin

PY004

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes it always locks it self to the first core for some reason.
Force changing affinity causes it to crash upon startup.
I gave up trying to figure out why.

Also the RKS Central Server is still offline, so when a server locks up, it's not being automatically restarted (You can see the 100% lockup on the UK server). This should be fixed shortly as I will be reassociating it with the central server soon.

cartman-2000

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
It has worked properly with my servers(SC servers, the server I have isn't powerful enough for a MSC server.), but I don't try to force them to any core when using that start up flag so they float form core to core depending on the load. The affinity lock was added to hlds in attempts to fix problems hlds had on dual core amd cpus with bad timing between the cores, but it's buggy and locks all servers to a single core and can get quite laggy if there's to many servers running on that core, the -noaff flag is supposed to disable the affinity lock hlds has.

I'm not sure if it matters where in the command line the flag is, I usually have it as the last flag in the command line.