Renaissance fair!

OpsMiller

Adventurer
Reaction score
Hail!
This time of year I always feel extra whimsical and adventurous for the yearly visit to the RenFest takes place in ye Ole Deerfield Beach Florida. This place is like my Disney World. 16th century Bazaars and vendors, wizards, pirates, knights and more!
Each year I go dressed as a Mage (See my Avatar :D)
Seeing as you guys are a bunch of nerds like myself, I was wondering if anyone else gets all giddy for events like these?
Share with pictures and events, lore and role playing.

Wishbone

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Heroes of Dawn
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Back a few years ago I used to love going to Renaissance fairs. Unfortunately, I haven't actually been to one in a while, I should really find some near me to go to...

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Back at the turn of the century, I helped out at the King Richard's fair, and the Rites of Spring pagan blowouts in Massachusetts, being friends of the family that set that thing up. Soon after, on the opposite coast, got dragged by the semi-significant other into a few iterations of Anime Expo before they moved to the Staples Center, even cosplaying as Alucard and Tuxedo Mask, once or twice. Go back to the early 90's, and I was sucked into several vampire LARP events/lez-out parties...

But these days... Man, I'm just no fun anymore. :oldcry:

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Given that the one picture I've seen of you (in full make-up), I can totally see you in a vampire outfit, Thoth.

As well as several anime cosplays.

OpsMiller

Adventurer
Reaction score
Heyy I lived in Massachusetts I never been to the staples Center, I think I heard of it though.
What is a Lez out party? lol Lesbian?!?! Thothie you dog.

I have never done LARP but I would give it a shot and probably fall in love haha my imagination is nutty.

Everquest

New Adventurer
Reaction score
The one in Texas is decent as well. I usually went on Memorial Day although I quickly grew tired of wearing the sash and being handed flags... But for the price of admission $30-$40 (parking has always been free when I went anyway) the whole day was great. Granted the food can be a little expensive, (Mmm... roasted turkey legs... :oops: ) but besides that and a very small percentage of shows that cost extra and are more adult oriented comedies anyway which I care naught for, all the other shows are free and entertaining.

The turtle race is hilarious and although I only caught the very end of the bell/piano masked player, he seemed quite good. Then I enjoy the black smiths, jugglers and the whip man plus others. Also all participants and most civilians get dressed up in costume and you are free to bring your own or rent it. And the shops sell stuff you wont find any where else. I think it should be a yearly school trip it is that good.

I heard there is also a pirate fest as well, but in another state...

Everquest

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Ehhh... Was still on the first page, not even half way down.