Recruiting YOU for a MS:C Wiki

kainfx

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Hy People, i'm filling a Wiki for "Master Sword Continued" with everything im able to find out to make a Place where newbies can learn how much Fun this Game is.

So im looking for Help since my way (learning by doing) takes like forever and im not sure if i can discover more then 20% of this Game in the next 40years xD.

I think most newbies to this Game stop playing it because they dont know anything about it (i miss the Time when FN Server had at least 20 Players in total a day)

If you want to help or just are curious, here i post a Link to my Wiki:

http://msc-wiki.eu
or
http://msc-wiki.eu/index.php?n=Forum.TeamRecruitment

Myrlance

Adventurer
Heroes of Dawn
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
I'm interested, all you'll need is a MS:C Community, literally - he knows this game to well..

I can also help on some pointers, and many attempts have already been established.

The most I can do at the moment is give you the screenshot to directions of the Bloodstone ring quest, which in it's self is a major spoiler but I wrote it up so you don't go around for hours not finding the next part of the quest. It doesn't tell you how to do it exactly, it leaves room for you to look around and think inbetween.

greatguys1

Epic Adventurer
MSC Developer
Warriors of the North
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I'm not trying to shoot down the idea, I do appreciate the effort though, the game absolutely needs documentation outside of the forums rules, which prohibits spoilers that a wiki could provide. I do, however, want to point out a few things. Looking at the website, it looks like it's all being done from scratch while there's already free, better resources available, like wikia, to make such a thing. IMO it'd probably be better to put resources into the documentation itself rather than building a whole new website.

There is already a lot of info on it. With what you have, it'll easy to elaborate on and add fine details, like strength reqs for armor, lvl reqs for weapons, item drop locations, chances, ect. I really do wanna see a wiki though, and if this is the way you wanna do it, that's fine. I'll pm you details that can be added to the wiki.

Last edited:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Seems every now and again I spend several hours writing up wiki entries for the script system, and then never finish - also knowing there have been a half dozen efforts at this leaves me wondering what formatting to use. There was a nice one that had a card format, but alas, it died, and I did most of my writing in that format.

What I'd like to see is documentation divided up into commands and functions with examples for each, with a few exposition articles explaining the variable types, client vs. server side script concepts, and the like. Suffice to say, all considerably more complex than "go here and kill X to find Y".

I really do miss our old wiki, which while somewhat spoiler free, offered a lot of little lore snippets behind various monsters and maps. (Including such minutia as the origin of Djinn and the Goblin reproductive cycle.)

Chimz

New Adventurer
Reaction score
You're pretty hyped for this, but I must bring it to your attention that you are going through a path that many before have also went through but never reached the end. I think I've already seen 2 or 3 MSC Wikias, each more complete than the other. I think it would be better for you to spend your energy on completing those than to make one from scratch. Here is one and here's the other one.

However I will still see if I have any of my records and documents of MS:C left to share with you.

PY004

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Um.......... How does anyone log in?

ip.png

PY004

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Also the site is hosted on a computer running in a home connection and that brings up the question of longevity.

Chimz

New Adventurer
Reaction score
This thread is a bust

The guy hasn't been online on the forums since June 27 and doesn't check his email either. Don't waste your time trying to email him.

Also the site is hosted on a computer running in a home connection and that brings up the question of longevity.
Another reason for why you shouldn't.