Prevention of another MadMan Situation

linksword916

New Adventurer
Reaction score
So obviously you all know me as the one who ninja'd Madman.

Well, I would like to say, why not add a (5 second maybe?) timer before items can be picked up by another player after you drop them.

In the past I have accidentally dropped items like tork bow/tomahawks/etc on accident and had some other person take it before I could get it. It would also help prevent trade scams, even though they do not happen often.

What do you guys think?

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
On the other hand, if you're so concerned about other people's items, you could just not pick them up...

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
I actually think this is a good idea; as I've dropped items on accident multiple times and scrambled to find them in time before someone else does. :oops:

Caluminium

Adventurer
Shadows of Torkalath
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
1. Console
2. unbind c
3. ???
4. Profit

Just kidding, but I bind my 'drop item' key far away from the rest, as the * on the keypad. No chance of accidental item drops there. :D

Wishbone

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Heroes of Dawn
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Does it matter? You can't even use that stuff at your level anyways. Once you get to that level you will be able get those items easy.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
How to fix situation, unbind the drop item key or bind it to a rarelly used key that isn't even used often (eg: Delete key).
Making a 5 second delay will promote more to the case of Madman dropping his items in fail attempts to troll newbies...

Alternatly, you can uninstall ms:c and go away (yes, this is for you Madman)... :roll:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
One dog on madman thread is more than enough, plzktnx.