Potentially disable or shrink clipping/blocking for summons?

Akutare

New Adventurer
Reaction score
My two friends both like to use a Winter Wolf, and while they're useful, it gets extremely annoying to try and play around them due to the fact that they block movement with their whole model.

I get that players clip as well, but there's a difference when a teleporting AI Wolf is doing it that will randomly sit still sometimes and someone that you can tell to move out of the way. It just feels like a small moving track hurdle is constantly in front of you when you're trying to fight things, and it's not really an issue for the people that summoned them due to the way the AI functions, but for anyone that trails behind them it's really an issue I would say.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Re: Potentially disable or shrink clipping/blocking for summ

Hrmmm... I can reduce their width, but it might not help very much, and it'd also make them much harder to shield and heal. I'd make them no-clip, but it'd cause problems when they interacted with other NPCs (which they of course do a lot of), and possibly break healing and shielding altogether.

Sadly, I've no function to make them no-clip for players, but still clip NPCs. (The engine provides the possibility - but I suspect it'd be some fancy code work to make it a script-side option.)

Jaydeus

New Adventurer
Reaction score

Can you do anything about respawn position? When you move far enough away from your wolf, they teleport in front of you. This is mindbogglingly frustrating, as it stops you dead in your tracks, and it can get you killed, when you are platforming. I can unsummon, but that is a pain in the ass, for when I go through platforming sections.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

It's supposed to appear behind you and to your left, based on your position and viewangles, but if you're whipping around a lot due to turns in a platformer puzzle, yeah, kinda boned due to client side prediction, particularly if it's laggy. Can fiddle with it though - maybe see how clean it is with some more distance.