Please roll me back

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
I just got hit by the infamous "Items of Interest" bug.
As I changed level to edana on my own server, I heard the sound of multiple items falling as I spawned. I didn't press the drop key so I started checking my inventory. Phoenix Armor, Unbreakable Golden Axe, Bloodstone Ring, Felewyn Shard V, all gone. I did look on the ground for dropped items and then I noticed, when I enabled third person, that there was a package model in my gut, moving along with my character o_O
So yeah, that's some new funky detail about the bug I guess, but I still am clueless as to when/why it happens.

STEAM_ID: STEAM_0:0:1651318
Slot: #1
Name: J-M of Urdual
Date of corruption: 26th of August 2010
Time of corruption: 20:00 UTC

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Meh, maybe the next time it happens and Thoth or I are around, someone can lock the server and we can try running some debugs..

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Sounds like an item corrupted... Did MiB get this one already, or should I hop in the blue box?

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I never keep around the FN information or bother trying. I figure I'll just mess something up >_>

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
:\

Alright done... Yer close to the overflow, but character's this old almost always are... I'd suggest checking for corrupt items when ya get the chance.

• Banned

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
I've carried 74 items on several occasions (and connected to servers with all of them) and I never overflowed o_O
I can't even remember the last time I overflowed, actually. All my past rollbacks have been because of lost items.
Thanks anyway. I'll check my char in a few.

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
You guys seem to have fixed the overflow issue in the January patch. Before January I would overflow all the time if I went over 60 items. However, I always carry 74-75 items at all times now. I do still overflow sometimes, but I have never needed a rollback. All I need to do is reconnect to the server and all is well. In the worst case scenario I will overflow repeatedly trying to join one server. If I join a different server, then rejoin the server in question the problem is solved.

My question is.. Did you guys solve the overflow issue on accident?

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
I do believe the overflow issue was old and caused by the multiple bags of holding carried in our characters. Other than that i think it still caused overflows if 1 was still carried, but a really low chance to happen. And yeah i also carry around 70 items all the time and rarelly get overflow issues like a year ago. So that's my guess.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
It still happens... Between the pack advice, the item limit, the shortening of item names wherever possible, the Galat chest, all the various reductions, and general community awareness, we've taken a lot of stabs at reducing its frequency. Still happens every once in awhile though, and you can still reproduce it easily, if you know the script names. MiB has some plans on that, if they come through, we maybe able to raise the item limit some, and do some more item-quest related type of things (craft, trade, etc.)