Out of Memory. Couldn't Allocate New Block

OpsMiller

Adventurer
Reaction score
Brm4Sg-CEAANYL31.png

Wat do?
I'm at my work computer. Thought this thing is a beast. CS:GO works fine with good graphics. Tf2 also.

0c49f6f9fd6eae0ade1e0fddabd4c975.jpg

OpsMiller

Adventurer
Reaction score
Playing in window mode 800X600 OpenGL of course.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
It's a game engine problem if i'm not mistaking and not your computer. Everyone has the same problem, way to fix it is to restart mod each map change occurs.

OpsMiller

Adventurer
Reaction score
I get it as soon as I join during character selection.
I'm unable to get out of the window, or choose character.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well, other than the fact that you seem to be running the 32-bit variant of Windows 10, on an i7, have only a gig of memory free, out of eight, and your page file is either not fixed or set far too small...

Have you tried launching a listen server (Create Kingdom) and seeing if it crashes the same way? Could be FN character corruption, if it's happening consistently and not happening when you start the game off of FN.

OpsMiller

Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Have you tried launching a listen server (Create Kingdom) and seeing if it crashes the same way? Could be FN character corruption, if it's happening consistently and not happening when you start the game off of FN.

Yes. Works fine. My level 1 peasant got destroyed in the land of ARA.
So its confirmed a FN thing?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Character likely overflowing... I'd shut down all unnecessary programs, maybe see if you can get someone to switch a server over to char_recover for you, join that, and dump excess equipment. Beyond that, you're down to requesting a rollback.

Try running in a windowed graphics mode as well - it maybe there's a error pop-up being drowned, releasing the mouse controls from the character select.

OpsMiller

Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Character likely overflowing... I'd shut down all unnecessary programs, maybe see if you can get someone to switch a server over to char_recover for you, join that, and dump excess equipment. Beyond that, you're down to requesting a rollback.

Try running in a windowed graphics mode as well - it maybe there's a error pop-up being drowned, releasing the mouse controls from the character select.

Okay I'll try, as for programs running, I run a server and a remote desktop. I'll try with these programs closed.
I can change the map once I join in the char select menu by hitting console and voting a map so I'll try that recover map.
I do play in windows mode 800x600. What do you mean by windows graphic mode though?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
OpsMiller said:
I do play in windows mode 800x600. What do you mean by windows graphic mode though?
Check "Run in a Window", as under some configs, error pop-ups don't come to front when you are full screen. Even if it still doesn't come to front, you should at least see another notch in the taskbar you can click over to.