Not sure if legit or if tripped an anti-cheat in mscave...

NobleDragon

New Adventurer
Reaction score
If this ends up being a spoiler, I apologize in advance.

In Mscave there is a throne flanked by two giant statues of skeletons. When I interact with said throne it gives me a message stating, "This quest isn't for adventures that take shortcuts." or something along those lines.

Ive only played on FN servers and only maps that are loaded onto said servers, so i don't think I've used a leveling map (unless isle counts as one) and i don't believe I've used any exploits to my knowledge.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Re: Not sure if legit or if tripped an anti-cheat in mscave.

Hrmm... I'll have to look at that script, but it's not an anti-cheat, per say, it's just a function to prevent you from abusing the hidden quest there repeatedly. Shouldn't have come up unless it, for some odd reason, thinks you tried by bypass a previous quest step - but it doesn't mark your character or anything as a result, you just need to complete the previous steps to progress the quest properly.

My guess is maybe you completed a previous step without realizing it, and skipped another - probably haven't spoken to the right NPC to know about the quest at all, but still, tis odd that it tripped.

NobleDragon

New Adventurer
Reaction score

That is entirely possible, as its really easy to pick up quest items or complete a quest without knowing in this game.

Regorty

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score

I always thought it just does that to mess with players. I kind of liked it, it made you think for a moment, then you would go back to killing all the orcs.

As for the quest tied in to it, you would just kind of know when you you picked up a quest item. Mainly due to the fact that it would seem like junk at first glance. :)

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score

If I recall correctly, you cannot use the vote map feature when you are on this quest. If you vote to mscave, rather than walking, that message is supposed to display. I could be wrong, though.

Regorty

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score

TheOysterHippopotami said:
If I recall correctly, you cannot use the vote map feature when you are on this quest. If you vote to mscave, rather than walking, that message is supposed to display. I could be wrong, though.
Yea, but I don't think this person even knew that it was tied to a quest in the first place. So I can see why it would be confusing, but it makes total sense once you have done the quest. Also should let him know it is a very hard quest to do with lots of fighting of hard things.

NobleDragon

New Adventurer
Reaction score

Update: Figured out where i was with the quest. Had an item buried in my golden chest that I forgot about. :oops:

Regorty said:
Also should let him know it is a very hard quest to do with lots of fighting of hard things.

You are not kidding Regorty. I tried to continue the quest line last night after figuring it out and the jump in difficulty between getting the Item and this part is massive! Though i might repeat and try to grind the mobs since they are difficult but manageable depending on number and type. But that boss, fugetaboutit.

Is that intentional, btw? Cause I waited 5 to 10 levels before attempting this (possibly more if I hadn't put two and two together) as someone told me that it spawned high level mobs. And I'm level 15 in all skills except SC (10) and 413HP and it says the boss is 10x my hp!

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score

You're looking at a level 30, or 650+ hp range quest at least.

At most, 800hp. If you get a few people to help you, I'm sure it'll be no big deal. It leads to a pretty cool room in a pretty good map, too.