New Rat Model

dRkILL

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Gaz from Quest has been kind enough to help us with some modeling and animations! Here's a new rat model he's made for us.

rat.JPG

Tell me what you think of it.

Witness of God

New Adventurer
Christian Warrior's of God
Reaction score
I dont like it i was expecting something alot better for ms~c But its ok it looks like a mouse. Whats with it looking so cuddly at least make it look like it wants to chomp your gonads off.

Gaz

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
A few things:

For starters its a newbie monster, would you really want to come out of the temple in edana and get mawled by a vicious rat?

The don't attack until you attack them, so they don't need to look very aggressive. Plus they die after 2 hits from a fresh new character (in the current version).

The new anims mean the run is alot faster than the old, and they move alot more realistically/naturally, so if theres more than 3 after you (as a newb running about provoking them) you'll need to be on your toes.

The poly counts not much more than the original, so realisically you can have about 20 on screen without major lag (for the lower end of the average PC that can run HL).

Also as said above, its for HL1 and a HL2 version would obviously be far more detailed, with more polys and bump maps and more.

Sorry for the rant, I hope the most of you enjoy the new model.

New Adventurer
Reaction score
where can i download that skin for it ? :D

i want the cute rat :oldcry: :D :p snif it's awsome... :wink:

Red Dragon

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I think it looks pretty good. A little too 'boxy' (sharp, not rounded enough) but definatly good enough to be used. A vast improvement over the previous rats

BTW What's going on with Quest? I heard you stopped making it?

EDIT: I should like attempt to go to the site before saying anything. Nevermind!~

Tradion

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
That's a very nice rat thing majig... I like it alot more than the old rat first of all. mostly because the old rat was just that... old... and nasty.. and unskillfull... Cant say i like the animations etc, that you mentioned because oh whats that, i havn't seen them bwahaha!. Other than that, its a littleo n the cute side, but you have a good point on why that's fine.

*edit* Mabye we should just get a model of Mickey & Minny mouse and just hunt the fuck out of them.. they're dumb and annnoying and that would be a good time.. hell.. one oculd make a full mod out of that.!

Kengou

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Gaz, I have to say, I had my doubts if Quest was getting anywhere, but with this model as a little sample of what you can do in a short amount of time, I can't wait to see what Quest is like! :)

btw, when did Quest and MS:C become business partners? I like that. :)

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Tradion said:
Mabye we should just get a model of Mickey & Minny mouse and just hunt the **** out of them.. they're dumb and annnoying and that would be a good time.. hell.. one oculd make a full mod out of that.!

*laughing* :oldlol:

Omg lol ! xD

Yeah that could be real fun :p

Great idear :p :D

Gaz

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Kengou said:
Gaz, I have to say, I had my doubts if Quest was getting anywhere, but with this model as a little sample of what you can do in a short amount of time, I can't wait to see what Quest is like! :)

btw, when did Quest and MS:C become business partners? I like that. :)

Thanks Kengou, Quests going really well, we're finishing up something special before releasing it to the public (Not a release of the game but something else).

I made the rat in about 3-4 days, animations taking the longest part.

I hope you guys like it, he's v fun ingame.

Quest and MS:C are affiliates, meaning we share an interest in what each other are doing, hopefully we'll both be very successful mods :)

Witness of God

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Wow thats preety good Gaz. I need to get myself up to dowloading alot of Testures for Fireworks so i can practice this stuff. Good Job for 3 days. Maybe you can give me some pointers for modeling.