Nashalrath

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Formerly Unrest2... the ruined capital of the bludgeon demons...originally built by the Dawnhope tribe.

I dont have time to work with this
heres what i have done

- Added bludgeons
- Removed Junk
- Removed Calrian and Keledros for now...not sure if they are linked to trigger
- Started the hidden demon bludgeons kingdom(very unfinished only one empty room)
- made a proper start area with spawn areas and stuff

needs: some stronger bludgeons that doestn jumps around,
fixes for entities, Bludgeon king, big evil stupid bludgeon that triggers a chest.

possible chest items: bludgeon armor.

connects to: Challs
needs: new name

Includes: new bludgeon skin and animation,(thank god for that)
stone skeleton(nice trap)
bludgeon king(big bludgeon)
and of course map source.

enjoy

[url=http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MW2EB4VO]http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MW2EB4VO[/url]

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Re: Unrest2

Gurluas said:
- Added bludgeons
- Started the hidden demon bludgeons kingdom(very unfinished only one empty room)

needs: some stronger bludgeons that doestn jumps around,
fixes for entities, Bludgeon king, big evil stupid bludgeon that triggers a chest.

possible chest items: bludgeon armor.

Includes: new bludgeon skin and animation,(thank god for that)
bludgeon king(big bludgeon)
I took the liberty of filtering all the unimportant stuff (nobody cares about crap like spawn rooms, seriously) so here are, in bold font, the things that really matter.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Spawn rooms are important, if you played Unrest2 you would notice you often get stuck in other players because there is only one little tiny spawn area.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Actually... I'm looking at the new bludgeon models he included in this, and... I dunno if I dare say this... But they aren't *that* bad... He seems to have added an idle animation to them, and a run animation where their arms actually swing, as well as giving them red-chrome armor... It kinda works. They could use some more anims but...

This *may* actually make it worth it to go back and make those bludgeon scripts, and the stone skeleton there might be fun too (guess you stole that skin I made for the atholo statue).

Little G - I'm sure you didn't animate this from scratch yourself - what model did you rip the animations from? Maybe I can find some more compatible anims I can stick on.

Oh, and btw - Jester FINALLY replied and said he didn't want you to have the source for his map after all. Took him so long to reply to my e-mail (almost three months) that it was too late to stop you though... I dun think he'd mind some skilled, non-bludgeonphile, working on it though.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
The bludgeon model is from 1.3
the chrome is from the high definition pack crossbow

as for the stone skeleton it was kinda hard
i had to resize the bones and add all other animations keeping the idle animation, plus adding the armored submodel.

Thanks for your nice words :D

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
If you needed animations for the darned bludgeon, why didn't ya just ask me? :p

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Well i really had nothing against the animation except for the punch and walking ones.

feel free to improve em if you want.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
Orochi said:

Orochi did u figure out what was wrong with my dagger that i sent u? id really like to see it ingame... the first thing i modeled and skinned my self i just couldnt get it to compile...

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Orochi said:

You can animate? :oldshock:

Well the orcs could use some jumping animations - and the swamp_ogre could use some alternate attacks as discussed in the Vid2007 thread (I'd have to send you the model)... These guys need alternate attacks too, and it'd be nice if they carried a weapon, and if their arms swung at least a little when they walked. Suspect the King will need some spell casting anims and/or a two handed swing + appropriate demon sword.

I never did get those skeleton spellcasting anims and non wild-swing anims from you, so I assumed animation was not your thing.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Sounds good, but i think its best leaving basic bludgeons to punch or kicking and letting the King use a real bludgeon...you know the weapon named Bludgeon

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
:D
Bludgeons... are they anything like the Bludgeons from Mu Online series? (or other games bludgeons may/may-not be used it)?

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
You can animate? :oldshock:

Not as well as some, but I'd have to be able to if I was gonna mess around with the player model or NPC models. :wink:

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
For thoose wondering here is a picture of the improved bludgeon
the face skin was made by me

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
A charge anim, where they bent their head down a bit and ran, would be nice too.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
That would be SOOO cool :D
btw thothie you recieved my PM?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
The appearance wasn't so much an issue as with the original as was the "stiffness" imo - the thing had no proper idle anim - so it'd just sit there like a statue, rotate, and the like, when it moved, it wouldn't move its arms at all, and just kinda staggered along. This new one seems to have a whole new set of anims. He looks around, pans about, and moves his arms when he runs. It is a massive improvement over the 1.35/1.4 Bludgeon model... It is true tis not the best model still - the death anim is god-awful, and he looks like he has Christmas ornaments on his hands, and the repative stomach punch is odd to say the least. Still, this new one is on par, if not better, than some of the lower poly models we use (bats, rats, spiders, crow, eagle, horrors, and ghouls).

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
exactly... actually i wonder why the msremake team fuxed with it...
the 1.3 one had all thoose anim, the 1.4 one was stiff, had no idle anim etc.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Umm... that "bludgeon"... looks a lot more like a minotaur, down to the *seemingly so existent* horns, and body makeup... in-fact, I swear that those *legs* may full well be cow-leg, and that the minotaur is a she-cow!

Lanethan

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Damnitall every time I see that model my eyes explode.

*picks up eye pieces*

fuckin things

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I have an idea on getting more people to play MSC.... put the "Bludgeon" monster in as soon as possible, then put the word out that there is a cow-like monster in this game...

Then we will have more people playing MSC; as that will attract thousands of people who have cow-fetishes :oldlol:

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
you mean, people from diablo2 who love the secret cow level

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Along those lines, yes... but mentioning Diablo 2's secret cow level does bring up that fact; will more people play MSC if they relate that level to Bludgeons... :D