My ideas

Stoned

New Adventurer
Reaction score
1.Being able to use the multi arrows attack like the elite archerers and Xaron
2.More divination spells(you only have 1...come on)
3.Being able to explore the entire continent of Daragoth
4.LD models, or just better model all together.
5.you know how the armor is like an atachment and just like a one peice suit with a texture? Make it so it actually looks like REAL armor like this http://www.tudorhistory.org/henry8/fatarmor.jpg
Weapons:
Demonic Hammer
Required blunt level 15
Minimum damage 50 max 100

Thors Hammer
Required Blunt level 20
Minimum damage 100 300
Lightning Element
Has special red charge where it uses something like chain lightning and the special right click where it uses something like lightning storm

Efreeties Fists
Required Martial Arts level 15
minmum damage 90 maximum 150
Fire Element
Has red charge where you do like a super fire fist

Jupiter's Hammer
Required Blunt level 20
Minmum damage 100 Maximum 300
Air(See bottom for new elements)

My lesser fire blade >.>
Required Swordsmanship 10
Minimum damage 40 Maximum 100

Great Elemental sword
Required Swordsmanship 30
Minimum damage 200 Maximum 400
All elements
Has red charge that brings forth like this elemental spike attack
reduces all elemental damage by 15%

Sword of Order and Chaos
required swordsmanship 50
Minimum damage 400 Maximum 1000
Red charge brings strike of Order and right click brings forth strike of Chaos
Note:Sword has a story behind it, ill edit it later

Khazatorant's tooth
Required Small arms 15
Minimum damage 50 maximum 250
Fire element

Notes:add a new rank after greater, Magnificent. Example, Magnificent thunderaxe, Magnificent Ice blade

Armor:

Elemental armor
reduces elemental damage by 20%
increases elemental damage by 5%

Mar's War armor
offers a stunning 30% damage reduction
I was thinking you get it from Mars himself on what ever map, let me think bout it

Armor of Fear
ressitant to circal of fear or afliction(Thanks to Sir Schmoopy for that one)

Armor of the chosen one
Can not be stunned and offers 20% damage resistance and has same affects as AoB

Armor of 10,000 souls
20 parry = 10 stun resist 30 parry = 20 stun resist
40 parry = 30 stun resist
thank Sir schmoopy again
and is immune to undead and a special attribute is when the player reaches 10,000 kills the player is imortal and has 10x the damage for 5 seconds
Note:Armor has a story behind it, ill edit it later

Spells:
Giant bat summon
Fragment of self summon
Splitting Soul spell(a divination spell :D)
Fear, makes enemy more aceptable to damage for a while
Rebirth, revive a downed player before he spawns!

Thats all I can think of right now for spells.

Possible maps:
City of Oro
Mountian of Death
ill add more later

New Elements:
Earth
Air

Some things mmight be a bit to overpower, we could nerf some things and maybe work something out :wink:

Borya

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
A glacial palace in the elder forest of the north.
Whew, where to start?
...I guess I won't say too much about the numbered suggestions, so I'll go straight to the items.

Demonic Hammer - Stats seem fine-ish depending on stamina drain and attack speed, but it doesn't seem to do too much (seems very similar to the Dark Maul).

Thor's Hammer - The damage seems a like a bit much for a req20 weapon, and the proposed specials seem quite similar to the Lightning Rod. Not much else I can say really, other than I'm not sure the name is very fitting for the campaign setting.

Efreeties Fists - The damage seems waaaaaay too high for a req15 weapon unless some serious drawbacks were added to it, which would make people want to not use it to begin with. Other than that, the idea is pretty interesting, and lord knows we could use some more Martial Arts weapons, and 'unique' ones moreso.

Jupiter's Hammer - See Thor's Hammer (sans the part about specials).

My lesser fire blade >.> - Lowbie love! The damage is a bit on the high side, but other than that I like the idea.

Great Elemental sword - [Obligatory derogatory remark about higher end swords]. In all seriousness though, the damage seems fine, although the concept is a bit...strange? Does it do some damage in each damage type for a total of the suggested damage? Or does it do some unnamed damage type that nothing is resistant to? The extra resists might make mappers hate you if it makes near-100% resists possible in the future (name me one map that's purely fire element to see what I mean). I guess all I can say about that is " ¯\(º_o)/¯ "

Khazatorant's tooth - Crazy damage for the requirement, and also seems a little on the redundant side, considering we already have both a Khaz Dagger and the Flamelick.

Elemental armor - While the idea of +%damage on items could work out quite well if codable, more resists might end up making life that much tougher on mappers who want to go with singular-element-themed maps.

Mar's War armor - 30% isn't too stunning, and DR can't go much higher than Gold Armor. Perhaps something with reduced %def compared to other armor in exchange for +%dmg (if codable) would work?

Armor of Fear - Seems oddly specific, at least until more effects that would fall under the protection are introduced. Maybe some kind of ring could do the job?

Armor of the chosen one - Helms alone are wacky enough when it comes to proper %stunresist calculation, and 20% DR is pretty low if this is intended as a high-end armor. Not much else to say.

Armor of 10,000 souls - Blooddrinker+this armor=????

Giant bat summon - Can't really think of much to say about this one. What would keep it from only being used for non-combat shenanigans?

Fragment of self summon - Could use some details on how this would work. The first thing that comes to mind makes one think of a coding nightmare, and possibly something that would introduce server instability.

Splitting Soul spell - Could use some details on what this would do.

Fear - Debuffs would be quite nice, assuming they would be codable. My only quarrel is the name, as mob-effecting fear effects already exist in game (rebuke/uga have a fear proc, causing the target to run away upon being struck, occasionally).

____

For the most part they are some pretty interesting ideas, even if a few of them are a little unbalanced. I would like to see them all expanded, and will be looking forward to discussing them further.

Stoned

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Borya said:
Whew, where to start?
...I guess I won't say too much about the numbered suggestions, so I'll go straight to the items.

Demonic Hammer - Stats seem fine-ish depending on stamina drain and attack speed, but it doesn't seem to do too much (seems very similar to the Dark Maul).

Thor's Hammer - The damage seems a like a bit much for a req20 weapon, and the proposed specials seem quite similar to the Lightning Rod. Not much else I can say really, other than I'm not sure the name is very fitting for the campaign setting.

Efreeties Fists - The damage seems waaaaaay too high for a req15 weapon unless some serious drawbacks were added to it, which would make people want to not use it to begin with. Other than that, the idea is pretty interesting, and lord knows we could use some more Martial Arts weapons, and 'unique' ones moreso.

Jupiter's Hammer - See Thor's Hammer (sans the part about specials).

My lesser fire blade >.> - Lowbie love! The damage is a bit on the high side, but other than that I like the idea.

Great Elemental sword - [Obligatory derogatory remark about higher end swords]. In all seriousness though, the damage seems fine, although the concept is a bit...strange? Does it do some damage in each damage type for a total of the suggested damage? Or does it do some unnamed damage type that nothing is resistant to? The extra resists might make mappers hate you if it makes near-100% resists possible in the future (name me one map that's purely fire element to see what I mean). I guess all I can say about that is " ¯\(º_o)/¯ "

Khazatorant's tooth - Crazy damage for the requirement, and also seems a little on the redundant side, considering we already have both a Khaz Dagger and the Flamelick.

Elemental armor - While the idea of +%damage on items could work out quite well if codable, more resists might end up making life that much tougher on mappers who want to go with singular-element-themed maps.

Mar's War armor - 30% isn't too stunning, and DR can't go much higher than Gold Armor. Perhaps something with reduced %def compared to other armor in exchange for +%dmg (if codable) would work?

Armor of Fear - Seems oddly specific, at least until more effects that would fall under the protection are introduced. Maybe some kind of ring could do the job?

Armor of the chosen one - Helms alone are wacky enough when it comes to proper %stunresist calculation, and 20% DR is pretty low if this is intended as a high-end armor. Not much else to say.

Armor of 10,000 souls - Blooddrinker+this armor=????

Giant bat summon - Can't really think of much to say about this one. What would keep it from only being used for non-combat shenanigans?

Fragment of self summon - Could use some details on how this would work. The first thing that comes to mind makes one think of a coding nightmare, and possibly something that would introduce server instability.

Splitting Soul spell - Could use some details on what this would do.

Fear - Debuffs would be quite nice, assuming they would be codable. My only quarrel is the name, as mob-effecting fear effects already exist in game (rebuke/uga have a fear proc, causing the target to run away upon being struck, occasionally).

____

For the most part they are some pretty interesting ideas, even if a few of them are a little unbalanced. I would like to see them all expanded, and will be looking forward to discussing them further.

Edited the list, you may want to look at it again and rethink, I will edit it more so this ISNT the final thoughts. Ill start with the Great Elemental sword, it uses ALL elements that afflict damage and reduces all damage done by elements to teh player by 15%, self explanetory. The Demonic Hammer, really, thats all I can think of for it, it could get dumped really. Mar's War armor could offer 15% damage reduction and 10% DMG adittion? Splitting soul would work by breaking there sould apart into to spreading like the good from evil, I dont exactly know what Divination means, afflicting it or w/e. The Fragment of self someone would be like the Fragment of Maldora basically? But its of you so its as stronge as you, you could call it a clone. Fear is well, a spell I thought of :/ . You could drop the Khaz blade. I suppose Jupiter's Hammer can be a new element....air? It's quite a possibility really. I'll edit the main post again!

Skillasaur

Adventurer
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Stoned said:
1.Being able to use the multi arrows attack like the elite archerers and Xaron
I'd actually quite like to see this. Seems interesting.
2.More divination spells(you only have 1...come on)
Technically Rejuv and Healing Circle are classed as divination spells, despite being unable to level div using them they do feed off the stat. I know the UGA levels div and I suspect the Felewyn Shard levels it in divine mode. Divinity isn't really meant to be easy to level due to holy weapons being rare. That being said some other way to level Divination would be nice.
3.Being able to explore the entire continent of Daragoth
Not entirely sure what you're trying to suggest here. Perhaps just more maps?
4.LD models, or just better model all together.
Model quality is limited by the amount of work and goldsource limit on custom content. I'm sure engine stability also comes into it, I'm sure someone with more knowledge of modeling could answer this better.
5.you know how the armor is like an atachment and just like a one peice suit with a texture? Make it so it actually looks like REAL armor like this http://www.tudorhistory.org/henry8/fatarmor.jpg
I beleive the clipping issues with the armor are based on trying to fold the mesh of the armor around the animations, which is the reason they look more likes clothes than platemail suits or the like. I find it's easier to imagine most armors as a varient of Chainmail

For the items I'll skip the ones Borya's made points on that I would only be seconding.

Thors Hammer
Required Blunt level 20
Minimum damage 100 300
Lightning Element
Has special red charge where it uses something like chain lightning and the special right click where it uses something like lightning storm
Perhaps instead just adding a right click ability to thunderstorm to the currently existing GTA?

Efreeties Fists
Fire Element
Perhaps just an addition to the current Fire Gauntlets? Also damage is far too high for a level 15 req weapon.

My lesser fire blade >.>
Bridging the gap between the novablade for low level swords? I prefer it as it is personally.

Great Elemental sword
All elements
I assume by all elements you mean a blade which could cycle through the elements, as a blade which dealt all elements or random elements would be pretty impractical. Right now the trumps for elemental swords are the dark and holy based weapons which can usually effect those mobs resistant or immune to certain elements. Damage is also way to high, especially when factoring in resistances, unless there was a major drop in attack speed or you had to charge. Remember: Darksword's 5th charge can only do around 330 average damage at level 30 swords against unarmored.

Sword of Order and Chaos
Currently swordsmanship 50 is pretty much unobtainable, but assuming 50 swordsmanship could be reached reasonably this seems doable. Would like more detail on special abilities though and how they relate to damage.

Khazatorant's tooth
Required Small arms 15
Fire element
Flamelick makes this pretty obsolete.

Notes:add a new rank after greater, Magnificent. Example, Magnificent thunderaxe, Magnificent Ice blade
At this stage it would be hard to imagine such weapons being created as they would probably dwarf the unique and special items in the game such as the hoarfrost or novablade.

Armor:

Elemental armor
I assume you mean increases damage is to your attack or dot. It would be nice to see an all-purpose elemental armor, especially for bosses such as Venevus or Maldora who use multiple elemental strikes.

Armor of Fear
Not sure which circles you're referring to here. Perhaps the circle of death gold skeletons summon or something as yet not in game? If the former it doesn't seem that practical - not useful enough to be worth changing armors.

Armor of the chosen one
100% stun resists would be pretty gamebreaking at this stage. Whilst it's annoying to be stunned when your opponant rolls 100/70 (helm of stability) I can see the point of it in-game. Coupling this with AoB's stat protection seems incredibly overpowered.

Armor of 10,000 souls
thank Sir schmoopy again
and is immune to undead and a special attribute is when the player reaches 10,000 kills the player is imortal and has 10x the damage for 5 seconds
I find it hard to imagine someone would get an armor of this power without already being 40 parry so I'll ignore the 20 parry part. The stun resists this gives would complement the 70% the helm of stability gets (depending on the way stun resist would be calculated or if it could be calculated) immunity to undead should come at a higher cost though, and I can't see a stun resist coupled with that would be easily balanced. As a modification to the 10,000 kills Idea I'd counter-suggest a 1000 souls idea (10,000 just seems to steep), where you unlock an ability to use right click (or similar, armor based trigger) to make yourself invulnerable and cast demon's blood on yourself for the cost of 100 mana. This would work similar to how I think devine shield works but allow you to use any weapon.

Spells:
Giant bat summon
Flying mobs get stuck too much for having a summon following you be practical.
Fragment of self summon
I assume in a similar theme to Maldora's fragments? I can't see this being possible to code in the hl1 engine. Maybe an idea for source?
Splitting Soul spell(a divination spell :D)
I assume something along the lines of rebuke undead but more powerful, and perhaps effecting living as well as undead?
Fear, makes enemy more aceptable to damage for a while
Would better be named "weakness" or equivilant. Perhaps a damage aggrevation DoT ability ala demon's blood? I can see it being overpowered on bosses though.
Rebirth, revive a downed player before he spawns!
I do think this is technically possible (Sven Coop does it) but I'm not sure of the usefulness. In most boss arena's such a spell would be impractical, and elsewhere it's easy enough to get back to a location and you still would receive the death penalty.

Possible maps:
City of Oro
Mountian of Death
ill add more later
Names are nice, but without backstories, brush examples or concept art they're just names.

New Elements:
Earth
Air
Needs more detail and frankly is probably unnecessary. Air could be considered normal bow damage and Earth could be considered normal blunt damage. Unless you've got spell ideas which use these elements then it seems a bit pointless.

Thraxis

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Just a few things since I don't feel like going through the whole list.

I doubt you will ever, EVER see a multi arrow attack or a shotgun like blast attack for a player. I had already suggested a while ago that it would be really nice for a player to do the shotgun ice blast from the ice skellies in ms_snow. This was shot down due to the fact that while one player using it might not be so bad, up to 10 would certainly just cream the server into oblivion.

Earth and Air are in the coding and calculations for SC leveling, however there are balance issues with suddenly bringing them in. This is thoth's territory to explain, but basically, bringing these in will effect the SC range from bottom to top, and the spell levels would need to be reworked.

Summoning bats is somewhat unlikely, they are sploitable in enemy form, so they probably would continue to be so in summonable form.

Another div spell is in the works.

Entire content of daragoth would need a mass amount of maps to be produced out of nowhere. As much as I'd hate to stifle mapper creativity, I always wished that people would adhere to the beta map most of the time, however, it doesn't happen. People want to make maps that they want to make most of the time.

The clipping issue with the armor was the FIRST thing I noticed in the 5 minute test of code months ago. It looks good, and I wish I had taken a snap shot and posted it to prove it. I was surprised, I kept having my eyes lock onto MiB hoping around in his AoB without it clipping even once against the character model.

The team has enough sword models and concepts, I promise you. I wont be touching the other Armor/Weapon concepts just out of laziness.

Rebirth/Revival isn't possible iirc from the last time the idea was brought up. This is due to some kind of original code that deals with the models as soon as a player dies.

A self summon mimic thing was discussed a while back, I don't think it ever got anywhere.

Think that's all I want to cover and give info about at the moment.

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Here's my thoughts.
Stoned said:
1.Being able to use the multi arrows attack like the elite archerers and Xaron Thraxis is right, this would likely kill the server due to engine limitations.
2.More divination spells(you only have 1...come on) Check my dev log. :wink:
3.Being able to explore the entire continent of Daragoth Maps are being worked on afaik.
4.LD models, or just better model all together. I would like this also, however MS:C already almost kills the GoldSrc Engine, so I don't know if higher quality models would kill it.
5.you know how the armor is like an atachment and just like a one peice suit with a texture? Make it so it actually looks like REAL armor like this http://www.tudorhistory.org/henry8/fatarmor.jpg There's going to be an armor fix, but the armor model wont change afaik.
Weapons:
Demonic Hammer
Required blunt level 15
Minimum damage 50 max 100
Note: The damage system doesn't work that way. You do more damage as you level your skill.

Thors Hammer
Required Blunt level 20
Minimum damage 100 300
Lightning Element
This item is basically the lightning rod, I'd rather see something new

Efreeties Fists
Fire Element
This could be a nice addition.

Jupiter's Hammer
Required Blunt level 20
Minmum damage 100 Maximum 300
Air(See bottom for new elements)

My lesser fire blade >.>
I like this idea also.

Great Elemental sword
All elements
So Hoarfrost with new elements? I like, except for the elemental resistance (I never liked a weapon giving you resistance >_>)

Sword of Order and Chaos
Not very descriptive. I like the idea of mixing good and evil into one item, yet keeping them separate.

Khazatorant's tooth
Required Small arms 15
Fire element
Sounds interesting.

It is tedious work, but I could go for some extra weapons like that.

Armor:

Elemental armor
I like this idea a lot.

Mar's War armor
offers a stunning 30% damage reduction
I was thinking you get it from Mars himself on what ever map, let me think bout it
30% damage reduction is not that much, nonetheless another midlevel armor would be good.

Armor of Fear
Interesting. Would be more logical if Armor of Bravery would give resistance against the circle of fear.

Armor of the chosen one
Trading damage reduction for stun resistance is an interesting concept.

Armor of 10,000 souls
thank Sir schmoopy again
No.

Spells:
Giant bat summon No. Giant bats are buggy enough as it is, having one follow you around would not work.
Fragment of self summon I like this idea a lot. It would be a complicated script, but the idea is nice.
Splitting Soul spell(a divination spell :D) Can't comment on this, you made no discription, at all.
Fear, makes enemy more aceptable to damage for a while Could be cool.
Rebirth, revive a downed player before he spawns! Perhaps. I can see how we could make this work.

Thats all I can think of right now for spells.

Possible maps:
City of Oro
Mountian of Death
ill add more later

New Elements:
Earth This element is actually ingame. :wink:
Air Implementing a new element would be a lot of work, which I'd rather see done on new content like items, maps and npc's.

Some things mmight be a bit to overpower, we could nerf some things and maybe work something out :wink:

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
How about this?

Focusing Iris - Requires spellpower 19 to use.
Primary attack: Fires a bolt of holy energy at the target, base damage 50. Increased by Divination skill and increased damage versus undead.
Secondary attack: Blinding Shield - causes enemies to miss you for 3 seconds, 30 second cooldown.
1st charge (Grey): Fires a bigger bolt of holy energy, duh. Base damage 100.
2nd charge (Red): Fires a constant stream of light at an enemy, immobilizing both you and the target for 5 seconds or until you are attacked. Deals 100 damage every half second as base damage. Costs 25% of your mana, 30 second cooldown. Damage increased slightly by divination.

All attacks train fire and divination in equal amounts.

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Tentadrilus said:
How about this?

Focusing Iris - Requires spellpower 19 to use.
Primary attack: Fires a bolt of holy energy at the target, base damage 50. Increased by Divination skill and increased damage versus undead.
Secondary attack: Blinding Shield - causes enemies to miss you for 3 seconds, 30 second cooldown.
1st charge (Grey): Fires a bigger bolt of holy energy, duh. Base damage 100.
2nd charge (Red): Fires a constant stream of light at an enemy, immobilizing both you and the target for 5 seconds or until you are attacked. Deals 100 damage every half second as base damage. Costs 25% of your mana, 30 second cooldown. Damage increased slightly by divination.

All attacks train fire and divination in equal amounts.

Now, THAT is a descriptive idea. Much better.

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
OMG ANOTHER IDEA

Seal of the Pantheon - A snazzy ring from the Felewyn Observatory
Amplifies the power of all Divination spells by 20%.

Skillasaur

Adventurer
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Tentadrilus said:
OMG ANOTHER IDEA
It would be better if you collated ideas and made them into a seperate thread rather than stealing Stoned's.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
How about an idea about how some of those weapons could look like?

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Skillasaur said:
Tentadrilus said:
OMG ANOTHER IDEA
It would be better if you collated ideas and made them into a seperate thread rather than stealing Stoned's.

It'd be better if Mars was habitable, but that ain't gonna happen.

Stoned

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Oh man, thanks for actually THINKING about my ideas. But I just threw out some concepts, I dont give a description intill someone likes it!

First off we could remove the elemental resistance with Great Elemental blade.
The Sword of Order and Chaos was made by Order and Chaos themselfs! Forged from the very soul of there being it is truly a sword of great power. Now think of the Fshard's first charge attack, a more powerful strike, the strike of Chaos and Strike of Order do the same. We could make it so the grey charge is Strike of Chaos and red charge is strike of Order. Overall it's just a more powerful swing with a few aff abilitys, order of Chaos immobilises the enemy and kina afflicts a posion type thing only its Chaos eating them away. While Strike of Order is alot more powerful it only has one aff type attribute, a holy aff spell. It would probably only be good against undead and the Fshard already does that. Let me think this through.
We can boost up the damage reduction with Mar's War armor to 50% and have 0% stun resistance and its absolutley HEAVY AS FUCK
Yes, the circle of death the gold forged skeles produce
Now why dont you guys like armor of 10,000 souls? I cant come up with something that matches the name, if you have better more logical ideas then say so!
The fragment of self is like the fragment of Maldora, its basically the fragment of maldora only its as strong as you are and its just an NPC with your model copyed.
Splitting soul splits the good and evil from an enemy, you could add it so it changes a good enemy to a bad enemy, a bad enemy to a goo enemy. But to counter affect this so its to overpowerd it has like .0000000000000000000001% chance of hitting an enemy, thats just an extra thought
How is Earth ingame?

For the new maps Ill come up with something once im done with hoftbofh

Stoned

New Adventurer
Reaction score
sorry for double post but I came up with a concept model for the Sword of Order and Chaos(its in my head thoe >.>) its instead of one blade its two blades put together! So instead of Sword of Order and Chaos its blades of Order and Chaos. One blade is Chaos and the others Order. Do you get what im saying? :wink:

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
i like the idea related to chaos and order. I think it would fit well for a good weapon in the future :wink:

Keldorn

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Stoned said:
We can boost up the damage reduction with Mar's War armor to 50% and have 0% stun resistance and its absolutley HEAVY AS ****

AoB/Dark Armor/PA have 50% damage reduction.

Gold Armor has 55% damage reduction.

Stoned

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Are you seriuse? If so the how about 60%?

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Sword of Order and Chaos?

We've already got something like that...It'll be put in eventually. ;)

Stoned

New Adventurer
Reaction score
What? Then give me the link to the dev page of it.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Look in the models section. There's no script for it at the time, but we've got ideas.

Stoned

New Adventurer
Reaction score
eh, mind giving me the details? I wish my idea came first :|

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
bob.jpg
Blade of Urdual Apostle Weapon concept - two smallarms that combine into a sword.

...Now, as long as you are coming up with all these nifty weapon of dewm ideas, how about helping me in coming up with ideas for something worthy of killing with them?

kai

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Man do I have a LONG list of suggestions for you guys.

Okay, let's get started...

Orc Warrior - A basic Orcat soldier armed with simple plate armor, and is pretty durable. The thing that makes the soldiers different from the rest is their ability to wield a variety of weapons. They are trained in all combat methods and are loyal to their shamans. They'd give their life gladly for their tribe, and fight to the death. (basically the backbone of the tribal forces.)

WEAPONS:
Short Sword.
Short Sword with Iron Shield.
Battle Ax (two handed.)
Adze.
Adze with Iron Shield.
Jarid.
Jarid with Iron Shield.
War spear. (two handed.)

Orc Rogue - Although he may seem a bit frail compared to his comrades, this Orc knows a few tricks and shouldn't be taken lightly. They wear rigid leather armor unlike their warrior brethren as the heavier plate would slow them down. Using speed as their ally, and attacking with deadly precision. They often are the Blackhand's Elite special unit.

WEAPONS:
Short Sword.
Stiletto.
Envenomed Stiletto.
Hand crossbow. (piercing armor tips / envenomed tipped bolts.)
Dual Short Swords.
Throwing Darts. - Lol, believe it or not these things were deadly back in Medieval times, and he'd put them to good use.

Orc Highlander - In the upper most foothills of Daragoth, there was said to be Orcat stronger than the tribes that dwelled east in the lowlands. These Orcs are somehow larger, stronger, and more cunning than their Plain dwelling counter parts. Armed with large Claymores, thicker plate armor, and a bad attitude, they're the "Big brothers" of the Blackhand Warrior.

WEAPONS:
Claymore. (two handed.) - common.
Great Sword. (two handed.) - A bit rarer than the claymore. These swords are the ..uh.. powerhouse, of weaker swords.
Maul. (two handed.)
Bipennis (two handed.)
Throwing Axes.
Sling.

Orc Berserker - Talk about mad. This guy doesn't seem to have any bottle top for his rage, and what's worse? He's not on your side. It was said in ancient texts, the Blackhand would take their most ferocious warriors, and slay their families, leaving the Orc in a constant state of rage. They Shamans brainwashed the Orc into believing their enemies were at fault for the death of his loved ones. Fueled by hate, they're not going to die easy.

WEAPONS:
Short Sword.
Short Sword with Iron Shield.
Battle Ax. (two handed.)
Dual One handed Axes.
Cudgel. - It's basically a thick one handed club weapon. If whacked hard by this, you'd be out cold for a long time.
Cudgel with Iron Shield.

War Troll - Big as a dump truck and as mean as one too, these creatures are extremely unintelligent, even for Orc standards. The Orcat decided many centuries ago they'd adopt them into their mainstay of forces, and since then, have been widely accepted as "Battle Berserkers". These Trolls however, have been fitted with thick iron plates of armor to protect them and help keep them fighting a bit longer. As well as thick iron gauntlets for harder smashing. Great.

Beholder - Hard to say what this creature is. Little is known about it besides that it somehow came into existence sometime during the Great War when the lost had begun their influence on the Mortal Plane. Magik gone horribly awry created this beast of unnatural design. A large round fleshy base seems to float above the earth, and in the center of the mass is a single green eye. A large gaping mouth with horrid sharp teeth, the monster is able to somehow project a variety of projectiles from its single eye, from Plasma, to Fire, and even to Lightning. The beast however, is apathetically neutral. However.. it was once said Lord Undamael once slayed these monsters and reincarnated them through necromancy to achieve an even more wicked twisted creature than before..

Undead Beholder - The Dreadlord's evil influence has turned these foul creatures into something even more foul. Rotting and decaying mass of flesh, with a skin tone now so pale than before. The eye itself has faded. In place of the hollow socket, a magikal glowing red aura flows instead. These beasts are no longer living, and now have even more power than in their previous life. They fire strange magikal blasts, a red plasma ball that is fast and deals high damage, to a blue plasma sphere that is much slower, but bursts on impact with a surface and spreads smaller orbs to damage. The creature even has the ability to belch nauseous clouds of green toxic plague. Also, they can reanimate the dead. Lovely, no?

Harpy - The skies and clifftops of the eastern parts are little inhabited. Why? Horrid creatures seem to enjoy biding their time on the coast, feasting on the travelers that pass as well as merchants heading inward to Daragoth's inhabited sea ports. Harpies are horrible bird-like men creatures. With razor sharp talons and a hunger for flesh, they have no regret dive bombing for your normal adventurer wandering through. These beasts are simple minded wild creatures, simply living, but by living, they require food. Sadly us humans are on their chain. They lack any special feats and use their claws and wings to do damage to those around them.

Ettin - A large uncivilized brute, for lack of better words. This beast takes the height of your average Troll, but his hide is a brownish color, and very thick naturally as well. What makes this beast so unique is the fact it has two heads, rather than one attached to a large muscular body-frame. Although they are large, and sometimes rather simple minded. They tend to be cunning at ambushing travelers and smashing them into a pulp with an uprooted tree or even a large Mace they found from an old War site.

WEAPONS:
Club.
Tree-trunk.
Mace.
Morning Star.

Lesser Mummy - This guy's been asleep; longer than you could possibly imagine. He died long ago and was put to rest in the temple you just so happen to be looking for loot in. Big mistake. Mummies are the result of a Lich or Necromancer reincarnating the vessels with life through magik to do their bidding. They're rather slow and basically, your typical Zombie, although they are much more intelligent. They are not that physically strong either, and can be dispatched with ease. However, groups of them tend to be rather bothersome as they swarm over enemies and begin to beat them to death.

Warrior Mummy - Through necromancy it seems they decided to bring back the fearsome royal soldiers of the ancient times. These guys are strong, and fast too. They were resurrected to do their bidding, and they are deadly loyal to the necromancer who revived them. Despite being rotten and decaying, they move with ease, being fully able to run in a full gait, as well as being durable (they can take a few hits before they finally go down.) They come wielding ancient Gladius swords, an Obsidian club, Obsidian spear, or even a Zyshe and a Chimalli shield. Some can even make do with a bow and arrow as well as Javelins.

Mummy Spectre - "What the #$%@ is that?" is probably the only thing you'll be able to say when you see this guy. He's fast, extremely fast. In fact, he teleports about every 5 seconds to the closest person in your group, and starts flailing his arms like mad beating on them, for a brief time, before teleporting again to another. He's a very strange fellow, and when hit with enough damage, retreats in a cowardly fashion by teleporting off. They somehow control the ability to transport them selves over short distances with this teleporting attack. However, at long ranges, they cannot. They must be close to their target to do so. A good way one of these guys can be found out is by the fact their body itself is transparent almost. And they contain the ability to walk through walls, and fire a weak bolt of spectral energy at their targets. Fun huh?

Mummy Infernalist - And who said that the undead could only be killed with fire? Seems this guy decided to start using it himself. With great precision this "holy-man" can fling heated magikal bolts of flame that streak at targets and cause heavy damage. These guys are however, EXTREMELY slow, and walk constantly, never choosing to run. They simply casually stroll from location to so. They can cast heavy damaging spells, and even have their own repel attack if someone gets to close and starts beating on him. He's pretty frail, just like the Spectres. Except that he has a lot of damage reduction it seems, his own magik barrier. And it doesn't seem he's gonna die very easily. With a book of unholy spells at his disposal, you'll be fighting this guy for a good time.

Vampyric Mummy - Through what it seems a horrible combination of undead Magiks, this Mummy was given Vampyric powers to drain the life of his victims and heal his own wounds. They are very fast, having the ability to run and leap fearsomely. They attack with sharp claws and rend their attackers' flesh, and absorbing their blood in the process to heal their own wounds. They attack with speed and deal heaps of damage, and would be wise to deal with them first. In packs, these things are a nightmare. They attack only by melee, but have a leap attack they can use at medium range to take an attacker offguard. When they take enough damage, they retreat momentarily, but soon return back.

Pharaoh of Plagues - A great mummy of terror, it uses horrible powers over Affliction to cast spells that melt flesh, burn eyes, and disease their victims with flesh rot. They move just like a Mummy Infernalist, except they also can take much damage, and have their own repel attack. They usually wield a Staff of some sort to help their magiks.

Pharaoh of Flames - Fire variant of Pharaoh of Plagues.

Pharaoh of Freeze - Ice variant of Pharaoh of Plagues.

Pharaoh of Lightning - Lightning variant of Pharaoh of Plagues.

Geist of Ra - A terrifying spirit that was brought about through second life through magiks unknown. It haunts temple grounds, and will throw blasts of seeking compressed fire to pelt victims. The monster can only be harmed by holy magiks, and holy weapons of sort.

Greater Mummy - Probably the "brute" of the weaker mummies. This guy is very strong, and is more muscular than his lesser offspring. He moves a bit faster, and hits much harder, striking with his fists and hands to smack his enemies repeatedly with. They seemed to have been somehow "beefed up" so to speak by Magik, making them larger and more fearsome.

Agaures - A vile creature that was used long ago as a soldier in the foot armies of Lor Malgoriand. It stands roughly 5'5" in height, with long lanky arms, and a sort of hunched stance. They are extremely skinny, with visible ribs. They have long sharp claws, as well as a dark grey skin tone, with two dark red eyes, and a mouth filled with sharp teeth. The monster is able to fire a single Plasma bolt by directing both of its hands forward, dealing moderate damage. Up close, it prefers to rend the flesh of it's victim with razor sharp claws.

Ghostly Agaures - A transparent version of the mythical Agaures, stronger and invulnerable to most attacks. Only kill-able by holy magiks.

Agatho Demon - A magikal creature that was said to exist in the Infernal plain only. This monster is full white, and is very similar to a beholder. The creature has a single red eye set into its center, and hovers idle above the earth by magikal propulsion methods unknown. They have large protruding horns atop their head, as well as a large grinning mouth with teeth. They are a nightmare to most. Able to fire magikal tracing projectiles from its single eye, as well as belching a powerful electrical blast from its mouth.

Apprentice of Maldora - It was said long ago that Maldora had took humans and created them into horrible monsters by twisting them with magik and turning them into hollow frames of what they once were. They wear simple robes, black in color with the Rune of Maldora; his symbol set into the chest. They fly above the earth gracefully, unaffected by gravity. They wear hoods that conceal their now twisted features, they have powerful controls over magik, and even are able to fade in and out of existence.

Avatar - A mystic creature of unknown origin. They take the appearance of a strange Reptilian of some sort with dark red scales. They wear robes of an ash tint color, that conceal their features. However, they use destructive magikal attacks, such as a constant red beam of energy that rips targets into pieces, or a large blast of red energy that will kill their target with ease. Even an arc of electricity that hurts multiple targets.

EDIT: Added mummies 'n stuffs.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
War Troll - Big as a dump truck and as mean as one too, these creatures are extremely unintelligent, even for Orc standards. The Orcat decided many centuries ago they'd adopt them into their mainstay of forces, and since then, have been widely accepted as "Battle Berserkers". These Trolls however, have been fitted with thick iron plates of armor to protect them and help keep them fighting a bit longer. As well as thick iron gauntlets for harder smashing. Great.
I can't remember if it was Orochi or Gaz who was going to stick armor on the troll model. Never happened either way, but it maybe a project that would grab the fancy of some other modeler who's not yet been scared away. (Decompiling that model always splits the skin though - and while it's an easy fix, I'm not sure if we still have the source.)

Still no ideas for mummies here though.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Mummies:

Far right:

Mummy Rogue - This agile mummy has a tendency to jump around and elude sight, if struck hard or by fire it will flee. It also possesses supernatural stealth, making it a deadly foe.

Abilities -- Above average speed, Longjump, Invisibility, "Sneak attack" (comes out of invisibility attacking for large damage on the first hit), High damage reduction or hp - as all mummies should have, weakness to fire, weakness to lightning, weakness to divine, immune to poison.

Second from right:

Mummy Spellslinger - This mummy didn't quite get all of its brain removed and retained the ability to cast some pretty potent spells.

Abilities -- Low Speed, "Blink" (turns invisible and gains massive extra speed for a few seconds in an attempt to escape), Tornado (ala Runeghar, though less devastating and less time), Chain lightning, Popelightning (ala current "Chain lightning"), Diseased Breath (poison cloud turned a miasmic purple, infecting the adventurers with ongoing damage that can go either up or down with each iteration [most likely down, possibly based on factors like ...stamina?]).

That's all for now thothie - I'm off to work.