My first attempt at milkshape...

LukeW

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Well, I finally took some initiative and took a shot at learning milkshape.

Downloaded it yesterday, this is how far I've gotten:

http://img203.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img203&image=axe49yn.png

Looks all fine and dandy, but the backweight is just a moved around "square", (Just 8 verts) and at one point in the handle is just 1 cylinder stuck into the next, not extruded, not welded, nothing.

*Edit: Got them to be "one" with each other :), after alot of work!

So I'd bet its a pain in the rear to skin (which I'll never get to with this POS im sure)*Edit: Maybe I will!

By the way, 450 polys. xD!!

Oh well! First attempt. What do you think of the look though?

LukeW

New Adventurer
Reaction score
:)

Well, im gonna invest in a UV mapping program now and my Dad scooped Photoshop 7 or something from work. I'll try and texture it. Then I'm gonna take a shot at animating it in the characters hands. (I've noticed there are loads of tutorials, learning it won't be a problem I'm sure)

Suggestions for good UV mapping program, or animation program?

(Lower cost would be best, if animation programs come to expensive I may just skip that.)

Any tips on getting a lower polycount!? Dont use cylinders for handle?

To be honest I really haven't tried to lower the polycount, but I'll be getting to that after school today.

Oh yeah, how do I get the image to show directly in the post, instead of using a link? I tried using , but it didn't do anything.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
i cant model i sux !!! lol i tryed umm... Milkshape and some other tool called Gmax i did best with Gmax but... in the end i suk....