MSC Models in Blender

linksword916

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I was wondering how difficult it would be to move some models from MSC into blender.

Last edited:

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
you just decompile the model open in something like milkshape (or blender) then export to a file type that your machines software can open.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
There are Half-Life model importers for Blender, and indeed most modeling programs. Since you just need the mesh, it should be simpler than with most. If ya can't figure it out, I can send you an Wavefront OBJ file of a model of your choosing - think Blender handles OBJ files without any plugins.

Little wooden MSC troll... I'd buy that for a dollar. ;)

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
You're telling me I could have a bludgeon figurine? I would seriously buy that shit.

MS:C community

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Have this fancy machine cut out the demonic shield and Phlame's staff and then send them to Bethesda Softworks by mail.

linksword916

New Adventurer
Reaction score
For myself I kinda want a set of Tomahawks to hang on the wall.

linksword916

New Adventurer
Reaction score
It'll be a while. Need to take my last year of Precision machining before he is going to buy it. And that comes up next year. So it'll be a while.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
op-will-surely-deliver-lets-just-wait.jpg

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
You.... You really need to cut back. ;)

This woulda been a swell idea for the media contests... Little MSC trophies... I'm thinking one of my friends has one of those 3D printer thingies - decided to grab one before they make them illegal. Dunno what his software requirements are, but gives me the notion to ask, at least.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Current excuse is that they can be used to print half-assed guns - or not so half-assed gun parts.

Actual reason being that certain manufacturing industries don't want to lose out to the general public, should they ever become main stream. Which they probably never will, but I suppose they think better to nip in the bud now.