ms_snow

pimpsta

New Adventurer
God of War
Reaction score
Every time the tunnel blows up after killing the skeletons on ms_snow...
the server crash completely...

Why?

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
How many times did this happen?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Tunnel blows up?

We had a few crashes on ms_snow last night. I think they both happened around the time we were dealing with the ice bone skeles leading to the queen. Didn't know anything blew up there though.

Other interesting crashes:
The_Keep is still getting overflow errors, but I think all the doors are set to make no noise now. So I dunno.

Also got into a situations where some bandits trapped themselves in their spawn chamber, thus preventing map completion (couldn't figure a way to kill them all through the door).

Calruin2 is causing sv_startvolume = [some number > 10] near the door to the queen chamber.

pimpsta

New Adventurer
God of War
Reaction score
time to call 1-Men-InB-Lack to repair this!

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Hmm... were bone blades raining from the sky at the time of the crash? I hear that happens a lot.

pimpsta

New Adventurer
God of War
Reaction score
Shurik3n said:
Hmm... were bone blades raining from the sky at the time of the crash? I hear that happens a lot.

LOL No. thats was a old old old bug when bloodrose came out...

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Tunnel blows up?

We had a few crashes on ms_snow last night. I think they both happened around the time we were dealing with the ice bone skeles leading to the queen. Didn't know anything blew up there though.

Other interesting crashes:
The_Keep is still getting overflow errors, but I think all the doors are set to make no noise now. So I dunno.

Also got into a situations where some bandits trapped themselves in their spawn chamber, thus preventing map completion (couldn't figure a way to kill them all through the door).

Calruin2 is causing sv_startvolume = [some number > 10] near the door to the queen chamber.

Poison cloud kills the monsters if they're stuck in their spawn.

There's no queen in Calruin2.

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Spider queen, n0000000000000000000000000b.

megatracker

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
you can also use a runeblade's 2nd charge if you can right next to the door to get them out [its an easy way to kill them too so i like having that happen more often :3 ]

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
megatracker said:
Thothie said:
you can also use a runeblade's 2nd charge if you can right next to the door to get them out [its an easy way to kill them too so i like having that happen more often :3 ]

Even if I had a rune blade, I lack the skillz to use charge #2. I figured poison cloud would reach em, but alas, twas just n00b me, and two other n00bs, thus we were t3h screwed. I tried blizzard and lighting storm, just wouldn't go in far enough. (Killed one stuck on the door, but the other two were stuck and out of reach)

Suffice to say, rotating door + monsterspawn = bad. Not sure what would happen if I turned it into a regular door. Plus I still gotta figure what's causing that overflow.

1-Men-InB-Lack
This isn't really his department. Tis a combination of map and script bugs I suspect (all map bugs on The Keep - Calruin2 and ms_snow likely some combination of BS).

Mapping and scripts are not MiB's department, which is is fiddling with the code when he feels like it, and occasionally capturing adorable little aliens in comic fashion.

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
twas just n00b me, and two other n00bs, thus we were t3h screwed.

You'd of gotten more screwed if you had killed em and the elite bandits spawned :wink: .

(esspecially an elite archer those are so cheap :oldangry:)

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
[/Thothie'sLife]

No Men In Black jokes for you -.-

EDIT: Also, I do have a few scripts under my belt, I just haven't sent them to you ;-) I'd say I've fiddled with scripts only SLIGHTLY less than I've fiddled with the code.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Meh, I can solo the elites there if I'm careful. The other two were 20 and 24, so they wouldn't feed them TOO much. It woulda took us awhile, but I think we woulda been fine up to the boss... At which point I think we'd run a votemap OMFG_RUN. ;)