More archery ideas!

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
A friend of mine suggested this idea:
Since we got a bind to select through the weapons we currently carry, and one to select the spells we've learned, why not one for the different arrows we have? I was thinking it could be 3, and 4 can be inventory

suggestion #2: fire arrows needs more light, or the light needs to last longer. I love the idea that fire arrows are mostly used to light up dark areas, but it fails at its job D: Maybe make it last for 8-10 secs. Oh, and possibly light up the target you hit with the fire arrow.

suggestion #3: Lightning arrows. not like we already got lightning elemented weapons already.

suggestion #4: I doubt you'll put this in but, Headshots? D:

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
effing headshots.... do you know how happy that would make me? Lets just say my archery would go from 14-30 pretty damn fast. There's slot that can be done with archery, but the engine limitations are nasty. I want a fletching system too, where you make magic, elemental arrows, where the power of the element depends on your sc in that element. Don't think it'll, but I hope some of your ideas are considered.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
villager said:
A friend of mine suggested this idea:
Since we got a bind to select through the weapons we currently carry, and one to select the spells we've learned, why not one for the different arrows we have? I was thinking it could be 3, and 4 can be inventory

suggestion #2: fire arrows needs more light, or the light needs to last longer. I love the idea that fire arrows are mostly used to light up dark areas, but it fails at its job D: Maybe make it last for 8-10 secs. Oh, and possibly light up the target you hit with the fire arrow.

suggestion #3: Lightning arrows. not like we already got lightning elemented weapons already.

suggestion #4: I doubt you'll put this in but, Headshots? D:

#1: good idea, possibly workable by some sort of... making all bows one handed to just hold, but requires arrows in your other hand to fire (eh? eh?). oh, and for basic arrows you'd just have nothing in hand.

#2: Agree completely.

#3: maybe they can go direct-ubar-fast-shot and only be fired from special bow? I mean, we haven't found any lightning items yet - they're obviously very powerful. ;););) (plz!)

#4: Headshots aren't really possible, all the hitboxes would need redone and it'd prolleh make the game lag.

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Headshots would require way too much work, modifying every models, making hitboxes and stuff, we've been through this before and it didn't work for these reasons...maybe in source :wink: ?

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
evilsquirrel said:
#4: Headshots aren't really possible, all the hitboxes would need redone and it'd prolleh make the game lag.

Ahh, I figured :|

Jax

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Arr, I like.

Fire arrows really need to have longer burn times; it's so fun to use them as flares in mscave, but you need a ton of them otherwise they're useless :|

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
How about fire arrow set the ground on fire and poison one make a weak poison cloud?

Jax

New Adventurer
Reaction score
FER said:
How about fire arrow set the ground on fire and poison one make a weak poison cloud?

Heh, that's not a bad idea...

But it could be abused in foutpost, instead of using poison cloud A-Bomb you just shoot a lot of arrows around them...though I'm probably wrong :wink:

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I mean the weak poison damage of the arrows, just in cloud form. same goes for my idea of fire arrows

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
those poison arrows are useless..something should be done about them being so expensive...they're 75 gold a pack, do the same damage as default arrows, and only a little poison damage...unless they've been upgraded in this last patch, that is.

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
If the poison clouds were like 20x smaller then the spell version, that'd be cool, and be kinda cool if you hit a target, the cloud would stick and follow the target(like an arrow O: )

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
fire arrows need maybe at least the light of a torch...

I can understand for fire arrows a low damaging initial hit... but maybe a stronger/ longer lasting dot burning effect?

Vomica7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
yes and this couldnt possibly be another kokris disguise could it?

jesus fucking christ youre like count olaf.
lemonysnicket.jpg

kray1091

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Your a f'in genius, IDK about the headshot part
but I cant stand droping and picking up
arrows just to change types .

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I should decompile some TFC/DOD player models, and see if I can figure how they did the headshots. It may not be as hard as people are thinking.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
yeah, they would be pretty cool if they weren't too difficult..

and certain monsters could have specific vulnerable parts! (/me thinks up overly complex creatures) :oldlol: