Model Texture Unwraps Funny

Stoned

New Adventurer
Reaction score
image-1568_4C4AB3DF.jpg

You see how it looks kind of funny on the sphere? It happens with the spikes to. Is there any type of trick to wrap a texture properly on a sphere and those spikes? I dont think UV mapping would solve it...would it?

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
You would have to map each spike...Make a texture for the spikes alone and just chrome/additive it...That's the lazy...Err, efficient way.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Yeah you could UV unwrap.

Could try using LithUnwrap, its not the best program but you wont need cracks and such.

Bordoga

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
I agree , but still in a way it's crazy Dx

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
You can manually map individual faces in MS3D by selecting the individual faces you wish to map using the Select tool set to "Faces". So if you want to map only one spike at time, select all the faces in that one spike, being careful not to select anything extra. When you go into the Texture Coordinate Editor, and select the texture that is being used on it, only those faces will show up.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Chrome might seem a good coward's way out at this point, but I should warn ye that chrome be a fickle mistress. The JHLMV isn't always consistent with what ya get in game when it comes to chrome textures. You'll have to test by replacing an existing model to be sure you're getting whatchya want. (Any texture with the word "chrome" in it will automagically be set chrome by the compiler.)

If the sphere isn't doing whatchcya want, I suggest dividing into two-four groups, and then let the texture alignment tool (Ctrl-T) auto-remap each one. Might have to offset it a bit after that to avoid nasty seams, but likely not too much of a hassle with that texture.