Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Just to clarify:
This is for MS v1.35 - NOT for MS:C!

Master Sword 1.35 Enhancement Package Version 2.11 (All in wonder download)

This 31MB zip contains a self-installer that has options to install all of the following items:

==============================
- Edana Master Sword Tutor 2.0: Adds portals and informative, easier to read signs throughout Edana for the convenience of veterans and newbie's alike.

- Crow's old map series: Curse of the Bear Gods (Multiplayer Variant): lowlands, highlands2, orcplace2_beta, lostcastle, skycastle.

- Crow's new map series: Word Walker I-III.

- Cyax's map series: MS Quest One (with spawn points): ms_quest, ms_swamp, ms_town, ms_caves

- Marctastic's Player vs. Player maps: pvp_archery, pvp_arena

- Thothie's Gateroom map (with optimizations + links to all incl maps.)

- Level2 Maps and installer. Hard_xxx maps to allow voting for level2 maps.

- AMX for Master Sword with plugins by Lord Mathias: including mapvote and server restarting plugins. [Note: Installation of AMX is OPTIONAL in the installer: should you choose to install it, it will overwrite your current listen server and amx configs]

- DLL fixes to correct version reporting

- Spawn points for all basic Master Sword 1.35 Maps: So players can join your server anytime.

- Additional fixes/enhancements for Helena, Sfor, and Thornlands

- Added (Sept 7 2005): Bottomless pit hurt triggers on Thornlands, Mscaves, Sfor, and Challs now function. Added Undamael to level2 sfor package. Added enhancements to Skycastle.

- Changelog:
1.0 (07/03/05)
Added AMX for MS and StevenLAFI plugins
Added DLL fixes
Added Spawn points
Added Edana Tutor 1.0

2.0 (08/18/05)
Added installer
Added Cyax maps
Added Crow maps
Added Edana Tutor 2.0
Added level2

2.01 (10/07/05)
Undamael added to Level2 version of Sfor
New skycastle fixes

2.02 (10/26/05)
(Bug fix) Fixed missing sprite issue
Removed uneeded files (distro error)
Bottomless pit hurt triggers

2.1 (11/01/05)
Added Crow's World Walker maps
Added hard_xxx maps to allow voting in of Level2 maps
(Bug fix) Fixed spawn bugs on ms_swamp and ms_town
(Bug fix) Fixed some issues with Highlands2 crashing
Slight optimizations to Lostcastle (though map really needs to be redone)
Minor updates to Level2
- capped troll spawns on Sfor
- added Undamael to Sfor
- added damage to lava surrounding Undamael to prevent arrow exploit

2.11 (12/06/05)
Fixed minor oversight/distro error - ms_town had no start point ><
Updated server.cfg/listenserver.cfg with more detailed info comments

Download Here: http://www.thothie.com/ms/MS1.35_Enhancer_setup.zip
(self-installer is inside the zip)

Stupid little details:

The Edana tutor now includes not only the tutor, with new more legible signs, but the gateway system I used to run on my server, so it isn't much use without the maps included herein. I'd install the maps, even if you already have them, as the linking between them has changed. There are portals for every map series included with this package in Edana.

Unlike the version of Edana I used to run, this Edana has all the NPCs, save for a the extra priests, who kinda get in the way of the signs/transitions. Removing the extra NPCs never did seem to help cut down on the crash bug much, so I put them back. In addition, I re-added the monster_furniture as model sprites. So now, you can talk to the pottery all you want, and the server wont crash.

All third party maps include credit files which download to clients and include links to the artist's pages.

Main Helena Changes: exchanged archers for trolls to prevent server crash, tied trolls to waves of orcs to prevent camping, and fixed various other bugs (orcs stopped spawning, etc.)

Main Thornlands Changes: Fixed bug that often prevented spider queen from spawning. Re-added book boss. Fixed a few other minor issues.

Main Sfor Changes: Fixed bug that stopped cave web from breaking. Gave spider queen some backup. Re-added access to Undamel Area so Brass Keys acquired in Thornlands would have some use. Cut down on arrow climbing to final chest.

Servers note: Clients who already have your maps will not need to redownload them, however, they will need to download any tutorial sprites they do not already have. (up to 600k) If you need a custom content server for this package, to help clients without the package gain faster downloads, add the line sv_downloadurl "http://www.thothie.com/hlserv" to your server.cfg or listenserver.cfg

For more info, see the readme file that pops up when the installer is done.

• Admin

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Er, no, this doesn't include the Steam patch thingie... I didn't think of that... My Master Sword Full Self-Installer includes all that though.

Eventually I'll modify that installer to include this patch... I suppose I could also modify this patch to include the Steam patch for good measure.

DarkWasp

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
It plays half-life music. Is it supposed to do that? I kinda like the MS music for memories sake.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
On a side note:
Is this a full install or a patch?
I mean, do I need to install only this, or your v1.0 Enhancement followed by this file over it?

• Admin

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
This is just an enhancement package with extra maps, AMX, and the like. It is not a full install. It'll properly patch any full install, so long as it's 1.35.

For a full installer, ye again, need to go here. Again, eventually, need to integrate all this into one package.
"I will provide the place and the material basis, thou the tears and blood ... Thy tears, thy sweat, thy blood, thy semen, thy love, thy faith shall provide. Ah, I shall drain thee like the cup that is of me." - Book Of Babalon, Liber 49
Saint Thoth

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Yes, I figured the first thing out, but must I install:
http://www.thothie.com/ms/ms135installer_enhanced.zip followed by
http://www.thothie.com/ms/MS1.35_Enhancer2.0_setup.zip
or must I install
http://mastersword.xoxie.net/MS135.rar followed by
http://www.thothie.com/ms/ms135installer_enhanced.zip followed by
http://www.thothie.com/ms/MS1.35_Enhancer2.0_setup.zip

See, I just had a PC reinstall, and I'll put my MS server back up later(tm), but while I'm at it I might as well download your cool improvements.

So the question is, for a fully enhanced MS install, do I need two files or three files?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Just the first two. The full self-installer includes the MS135.rar patch.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
r_banana01.gif

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Thothie,

Last week I had a PC reinstall (to get things running smoother again) and naturally I backup'd my server files:
crashed.cfg (Steven's map change plugin)
liblist.gam (Which defines the Metamod DLL as game DLL)
server.cfg (With all my uber settings for the server)
stripper2.cfg (Something that's required for one of Steven's plugins again)
\ms\addons (I backup'd the entire folder)

I'm running a stand-alone HLDS server which I got through the HLDS Update Tool.

This little BATCH file I have ensured me all HLDS server files are up to date:
Code:
hldsupdatetool -command update -game "valve" -dir C:\hlds -verify_all -retry
pause

After having updated my HLDS server I installed
MS_v1.35_Enhanced.exe, followed by
MS1.35_Enhancer_2.0.exe, followed by
the four files typed above and \ms\addons folder. Everything was back in place again and I was almost ready to run the server. Just one thing left, the BATCH restarter, which looks like this:

Code:
@echo off
cls
echo Protecting hlds from crashes...
echo If you want to close hlds and this script, close the hlds window and type Y depending on your language followed by Enter.
title hlds101.com Watchdog
:hlds
echo (%time%) hlds started.
start /wait /abovenormal hlds.exe -console -game ms +maxplayers 8 +exec crashed.cfg -port 27015 -insecure -autoupdate -heapsize 262144
echo (%time%) WARNING: hlds closed or crashed, restarting.
goto hlds

Just in case you're wondering, my server.cfg looks like this:
Code:
hostname "Blades of Urdual guild server"
ip "80.100.213.218"
maxplayers "8"
mp_falldamage "1"
ms_allowvote "1"
ms_ip "80.100.213.218"
ms_pklevel "0"
ms_timelimit "30"
pausable "0"
rcon_password "CENSORED"
sv_aim "0"
sv_cheats "0"
sv_clienttrace "3.5"
sv_downloadurl "http://www.thothie.com/hlserv" <--- thanks for that one!
sv_lan "0"
sv_maxspeed "600"

Everything looks good right? Guess not, because during the loading of the server I get this:
i_transition_floor_small.spr.JPG

I think you forgot to include something in your Enhanced package... Right?

Edit: I do see transition_floor_small.spr.ztmp, but not transition_floor_small.spr... :|

DarkWasp

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
My other PC gets that bug.

It works on this PC because I downloaded the sprites off of a server, then installed the enhancer later.

I'd post the file if I knew a small file hosting service, or if any of you would host it on your site.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Grrr... of all the stupid... Jeeze... There's no need for the ztmp files... or even the wc file for that matter. >< *sigh* Must have been half asleep when I put that together...

Fug, updated and fixed it, same place. (Seems there was a flaw in edana.res as well, fixed that too)

Here's just the sprite file you're missing, if you want to save yourself the download. Place it in ms/sprites/edanaportals folder. The res file mentioned and linked above goes in your ms/maps folder. Both are in the patch now.

Hopefully that does it for bugs, if you find anymore, please post asap, and I will fix asap. :/

Your configs/batch look good to me. No need to backup crashed.cfg... Hopefully your listlib.gam points to the same location as where the enhancer installed metamod, or it may not load AMX (but in all likelihood, it does). Stripper2... I think is a metamod plugin. If you installed AMX with the enhancer, it in all likelihood overwrote your old plugins.ini. You'll have to re-add it to that ini. (ms\addons\metamod\plugins.ini)

I also recommend you turn ms_allowvote to "0" in the server.cfg as does the enhancer's server.cfg, as the internal MS1.35 voting system doesn't work under steam, and does crazy things - like temp ban everyone from the server, for instance. It isn't related to AMX's vote system.

DarkWasp

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
I added my \ms\addons (backup'd) folder after your Enhancement packages. So the configs are good.

And it seems the server is working.

Just tested it for you, no retry character daya error, it works.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Minor update for this...

(Bug fix) Fixed missing sprite issue
Removed unneeded files (distro error)

Added Crow's World Walker maps
Added hard_xxx maps to allow voting in of Level2 maps
(Bug fix) Fixed spawn bugs on ms_swamp and ms_town
(Bug fix) Fixed some issues with Highlands2 crashing
Slight optimizations to Lostcastle (though map really needs to be redone)
Minor updates to Level2
- capped troll spawns on Sfor
- added Undamael to Sfor
- added damage to lava surrounding Undamael to prevent arrow exploit

All this added another 12MB to the distro-size. :\

I've been considering adding a model pack to the package, but I can't decide which one.

I also want to make a full installer that includes this package as well as an install for MS1.35, which would come to about 60MB - but I'd want it to have an HTML manual for the game, or some such, first. Not really sure if it's worth it to do all that this close to the "deadline" (only to likely have to do it all over again afterwards.)

PS. A flash or html manual for MS:C would be nice. ;)

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Damn, now I gotta update my server again with this... You make way too much stuff to download and install, Thothie :wink:

Just kidding man, you're a great contributor to MS :D

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie, when i play on your server and i use the elven short sword, i dont see the "ERROR - aim1*****" crap

um, how do you get rid of it
i dont want to see it when i play on my own server and stuff
(only when urs is down of course :) )

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Developer 0 in console.

Tis not just my server, tis a client-side thing. You may not be able to see your weapon strike info after you do that, if this is the case, I rec. deleting the var from the config.cfg, restarting Steam, and praying. Then you may get weapon strike readouts without the developer messages.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Been a while since I got the last version. My server is still running v2.0 but I see you've updated a few times since that. I might as well get v2.11 right now.

Thanks Thothie, awesome job :wink:

Edit: Dude! I installed to a different (temp) folder first so my server.cfg wouldn't be overwritten, and out of curiosity I checked liblist.gam... check this out:

liblist.gam said:
game "Master Sword yar" // Game title
url_info "www.master-sword.tk" // Info URL
url_dl "" // Downloading URL
version "1.3" // version of mod
size "117572768" // size of mod
svonly "0" // server side only mod? (1=yes 0=no)
cldll "1" // client side dll? (1=yes 0=no)
hlversion "1110" // version of halflife
type "Fantasy RPG" // "multiplayer_only" or ""
nomodels "1" // game selects player model (1=yes 0=no)
mpentity "ms_player_spawn" // name of multiplayer spawn entity
//gamedll "dlls\ms.dll" // file and location of dll
gamedll "addons\metamod\dlls\metamod.dll"
startmap "edana"

Master Sword yar... :|
How about you change that into "MasterSword v1.35"?