Make apples play a bigger role in MSC

Regorty

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Ok, so you how you really only got one type of food in the game, besides the soup. Well I was thinking of maybe adjusting how much apples heal, maybe a percentage instead of a number. Making actual Golden Apples, that can either heal mana or give small hp regens for a short period of time. Then I would think it would be neat to have apple trees that you could harvest by kicking or interacting with them. Also have an apple tree monster that when killed drops apples too. So yea you can kind of see where I am going on this. I get apple trees and then make an apple tree farm of happiness, tie in a quest to it where you gotta kill an evil apple tree, get some semi OP apple of love and happiness and everyone drink cider.

So what are peoples thoughts about this?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Someone made a lengthy MSC fanfic awhile back, describing every meal in fine detail: "Applemead, apple soup, apple bread with applesauce, appleloaf with apple gravy, and apples." - that sorta ongoing gag - was great. Wish I had the link for it. It probably is actually in these forums somewhere, but posts before the last forum reset can't be searched, or sometimes become inaccessible.

Gonna have to rebuild Thornlands eventually - probably wouldn't be too hard to replace the current trees with scripted ones that drop apples when you hit em, or something. Appletree monster maybe asking a bit much though. ;)

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Appletree monster maybe asking a bit much though. ;)
I'm sure you can find some evil-tree model from some other mod :p

If not, you could just slap a mean spooky face on an already existing tree and rig the roots to move when it slithers around. *shrug*

Regorty

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Lucifer Majiskus said:
I'm sure you can find some evil-tree model from some other mod :p

If not, you could just slap a mean spooky face on an already existing tree and rig the roots to move when it slithers around. *shrug*
Really the tree itself doesn't really have to move, recolor it a darker eviler color, maybe add an evil face, but mostly have it sprig up roots like the plants from gertenheld_cave, or however its spelled. You attack the tree, it spawns roots and maybe animals to defend it, so in actuality the tree itself doesn't attack, it just has other things to defend it more or less.

Also I really at least would like Apples to heal a percent of HP a bite, so maybe something like 2% max hp a bit with plus 1 hp. So it would work like players with 15-49 would heal 1 hp, 50-99 2 hp, 100-149 3 hp, etc. That could be for the generic red apple and then have a golden apple heal like 8% max HP a bite with maybe a 15 sec small health regen of like 1 HP/s roughly speaking. I'm just tossing numbers out there for other to elaborate on is all. Oh and the evil apple tree can drop magical apples that would restore mana instead of HP when eaten.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
How about, make apple trees in thornlands that drop apples upon interacting with them, and have evil apple trees in nightmare_thornlands that damage the player by getting to close to them. I honestly find this idea awkward, i do think apples could get a bit more use now, yeah... but the whole thing you mentioned sounds weird.

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
Just because it's not your idea doesn't mean it's not a good one :roll:

Perhaps the evil trees could drop golden apples that do something for mana or what not idk

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
If I could get FN to return dates proper like, I could make it a seasonal event, or something.

Keep having all these seasonal/holiday/daily event idears... Though I suppose it maybe safe to make them RKS only.

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
I wanted there to be a fair map, with various fair stalls... It could easily be done on a mappers standpoint.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Lucifer Majiskus said:
Just because it's not your idea doesn't mean it's not a good one :roll:

Perhaps the evil trees could drop golden apples that do something for mana or what not idk

Where the F did i state it was a bad suggestion you little cunt? I did say it sounds weird, i didn't state it was a bad one.

If you want to make a logical point, at least try to get it right. Or better yet, don't say anything at all.

Normal trees in normal thornlands (simply collect apples from trees) = drop normal apples that heal on bite, rare chance of dropping golden apples that heal health and refill mana and leave a small regen effect on both sides for a minute or two and having 3 bites/doses. Making them worthwhile the use any level range. More specifically in certain moments in-game. It's similiar to the soup in the end, just gives more control over when you want to benefit from regen effects, like boss battles.

Evil trees in nightmare thornlands (mini-boss/game, kill the tree or w/e it summons to defend itself, get apples) = drops white apples instead of normal ones, said white apple can be used as a consumable thrown weapon, throw it directly @ an enemy and make them dot poisoned for a while. Then have black apples be the rare drop, acting in the sameway as the white ones, except the poison dot is greater and lasts longer. Works best for low to mid level players, perhaps including high level players aswell.

Alternatively, combining both golden and black apples into a rare potion using an alchemist. Would create a permanent untill death "1 dose potion of balance", once drank it forces the player to cause an additional acid dot on strike (25%-50% chance on hit), which increases damage output while being consumed by acid side effects overtime, increased damage output would only work while the dot was kicking in on the enemy, no dot = default damage.

Everquest

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I don't mean to beat a dead tree over the head, but I too like this idea. However it should be a "he" with a moustache and you need to find a fairy, a shield and a sword before you can fight him... Haha!

But seriously you could have Mother Nature seriously pissed off, maybe have a whole back story of dark druids/geomancers and the forest over time became corrupt or at the very least upset with anything not of nature...

I think Meridian 59 had angry trees that would walk around and attack you. Or that evil tree from Evil Dead was pretty good too. It could have hentai inspired tenticals... :oldshock:

And how would throwing apples become like bombs or posion clouds? Magic apples? And what are those half tree half humanoid creatures called, Freys?