Last resort: RRoll back

OpsMiller

Adventurer
Reaction score
Hopefully this works. I really been aching to play lately but can't because of that memory message.
OpsMiller
0:0:14692090
slot 1
It worked back in 2014 for sure. IDK if I logged in in 2015. HALP!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Before we do anything ya might regret, few things to try, as I recall, the last time I heard of something like this, it turned out to be an installation issue.

First, especially if you've not played since 2013 or so, check that Half-Life is updated and not installed in the old locale (since Valve moved it to keep us on our toes):
- check %steam_path%\Steam\steamapps\%user_name%\Half-Life\
- If this exists, delete it (along with all its sub folders), uninstall Half-Life on the Steam Library, reinstall Half-Life, run Half-Life (training room), and reinstall MSC (full installer, then the beta).

If it doesn't exist:
- check %steam_path%\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life\msc\dlls
- Make sure the DLL files therein are both dated ~November 22nd, 2015
If not:
- Close Steam
- Delete the msc folder (along with all its sub folders)
- Reinstall Master Sword Continued 1.2 FULL INSTALLER FEB2015d from the Downloads Page
- Reinstall MSC Update Package - NOV2015a from the Downloads Page

...and if that don't fix it... Well, if you've actually not played since 2014 or earlier, it's doubtful rolling you back will, but that'll at least be all that's left. Much more likely there's an issue with the install such as the above.

OpsMiller

Adventurer
Reaction score
woo I'm back!
My character looks great! I like the new inventory screen. And Daragoth never smelled so good! lol
I thought I had more HP than 791.
I remember it close to 900 but w.e
Thanks for the help Thothie, apparently I didn't have that Nov patch installed at all. I thought the full installer included that. Thanks again m8, when was the last time you logged in?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Meh, like an hour during the first week of January. :(

Dun think we've made any changes to how HP is calculated since 2011 or so... Chalk it up to rose tinting.