I'm an old returning player who needs a huge rollback

Scottc

New Adventurer
Reaction score
My characters are all bugged and missing items, and their stats are all messed up.

Date it last worked: Seeing as my last post was on January 28th 2006, I probably didn't play long after that, and well, it was fine then. So maybe try March 2006? How far back can you possibly go?
Steamid: STEAM_0:1:1529987
Character Slot: All characters :)

Thanks in advance.

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
my archives don't go that far back, my archive started 4-11-07 thats would be my first archive.

you might need to start a new character

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie/Fuzzy may have it >_>

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
even if we do go that far back, what point would there be?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I see that ID in some of the 2006 archives, but only the gods know which archive has his character the way he wants it. :/

The absolute earliest archive on record is August 25th, 2006. Anything before that was before we started uploading to an on-line archive, and went up in fire.

The ID is in that file, but the last time it was modified was 1/30/2006 - which is the same date it has been modified in more recent archives... Meaning: it's the same character.

edit: I can't load that character due to an unidentified item, which suggests he has something he should not be able to have. :\

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Scottc said:
My characters are all bugged and missing items, and their stats are all messed up.
This might be a stupid question, but if you connect to a server, do you click on your character once or about five hundred times? Because if you click your character more than once (= impatient), it'll most likely screw up. The only remedy for that is a simple reconnect.

If you clicked your character only once, then I'm afraid you're pretty much fubar.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I can't load his character on my listenserver, so I think he is fubar. The error it is generating suggests he has something he should not though, so it maybe deservedly so.

Scottc

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
I can't load his character on my listenserver, so I think he is fubar. The error it is generating suggests he has something he should not though, so it maybe deservedly so.
Would it be possible to use an older dll to remove the bad item?

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Ye can't load older DLLs on FN anymore, so likely not. If I get some time later I'll fiddle around with it, and if I get it working, send it to Blasto. No promises, though.

You may just want to start a new character =\

Scottc

New Adventurer
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
Ye can't load older DLLs on FN anymore, so likely not. If I get some time later I'll fiddle around with it, and if I get it working, send it to Blasto. No promises, though.

You may just want to start a new character =\
After clicking on multiple character slots I was able to spawn as my level 27 or so character, but it was missing a lot of items. If you could get it back with the armor and such that the character had, that'd be great.

Scottc

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Its been so long, I can't even remember.

Thraxis

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Well there are a few people in the community that enjoy helping others out with extra jun...I mean items they carry around. Just about anything you had before can probably be replaced if the rollback doesn't work and you are okay with sacrificing your items for the time it takes to rebuild a lvl 20 - 30 charecter

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Given the fact that your character was last modified in January 06, I suspect you'd wind up throwing half your items away for new ones in anycase.

I only tried to load the larger of your two characters though - maybe the smaller one loads fine.

Scottc

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Given the fact that your character was last modified in January 06, I suspect you'd wind up throwing half your items away for new ones in anycase.

I only tried to load the larger of your two characters though - maybe the smaller one loads fine.

Is the larger one in the first slot? The second slot was fine, the first was empty and level 1.