i need credtex.wad

reckless-fire

New Adventurer
Reaction score
im a newb to the custom content but i need the credtex.wad file so can sumone plz tell me where it is

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Tis an MS1.35 wad - there's no reason you should need it (unless you are trying to run an old MS cheatmap or somethin). :\ I think all the textures that were in it are now in other MSC wads.

reckless-fire

New Adventurer
Reaction score
i was actually tryin to use ur maps the one that makes the maps harder but when i go to enter the harder maps it gives me that message while closing the game

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
My maps?

Err... You mean the level 2 series? Oh... Yeah, they aren't designed for MS:C - and will likely not work too well. And they would, yes, also require the older .wad files - I don't really recommend using them. I don't think there are enough high level characters running around yet for me to justy making a Level2 set for MSC - especially considering the pending character wipe.

CloudTribal

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I'm sorry for resurrecting, but it makes more sense than making the same thread on the same topic.
I need this too, as when I go to the next place from Edana, it'll say I need that .wad...

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
The only exits from Edana are EdanaSewers and Thornlands, neither needs that wad. You must be installed incorrectly.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeeeeah, that would - that's for MS 1.35. :oldshock:

CloudTribal

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Yeeeeah, that would - that's for MS 1.35. :oldshock:
...really? Oh... I thought it was for this cause, well, its on this forums... aha... I like what it does to the maps, as i'm new to the game, and having all this helpful stuff is good. :D Is it possible I could get the wad somehow? Like it being stored on some other site or something? I really want to continue playing to the next map.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
This used to serve as the MS 1.35 forums, so there's still a lot of that stuff around. I went and marked mine accordingly.

Even with the wad, the map won't work, because the scriptfiles have changed. You need to restore the original maps from the MSC install.

As for redoing all that... Tis a lot of stuff to redo in that package, including:

- The Edana Tutorial package
Maybe worth it. But I'd have to make all new plaques, since the keys and methods have changed.

- Curse of the Bear Gods
Is looking increasingly difficult, due to the fact that I was apparently 'mis-informed' by one of the devs on the effort to port old scriptfiles. In addition, it suffers greatly due to the lack of Ambient_generic working and there's no way to make a sustained sound without it.

- Crow's new map series: Word Walker I-III
Did that. ;) (Although, it too, was a lot better with working ambient_generics - there's all sorts of creepie ambience in those maps you are missing out on - but at least they don't drive any events.)

- Cyax's map series: MS Quest One
Could do that, probably not hard (very simple maps) - but also maybe not worth it (v. boring, low level maps).

- Marctastic's Player vs. Player maps: pvp_archery, pvp_arena
These work fine, see also ye old thread (recently updated).

- Thothie's Gateroom map
Even more pointless now, and doesn't go everywhere.

- Level2 Maps and installer
I'd have to completely redo these, a lot of work. There's also not as wide a level variety of creatures as there once was, due to old scripts not being ported, which further complicates things.

- AMX for Master Sword with plugins by Lord Mathias (StevenLAFI):
Still working on getting a full working package of AMX plugins adapted for MSC. You can get a recently updated package here:
http://www.thothie.com/ms/msc_amx.zip
Includes the current beta-map voter, msc log, crash recover, and others.

- Spawn points and map fixes are available on my page.

- DLL fixes no longer needed.

So, in conclusion, I've not made an MS:C Enhancement set yet, as I've yet to get enough things completed and together to make a comprehensive package. :(

CloudTribal

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
This used to serve as the MS 1.35 forums, so there's still a lot of that stuff around. I went and marked mine accordingly.

Even with the wad, the map won't work, because the scriptfiles have changed. You need to restore the original maps from the MSC install.

As for redoing all that... Tis a lot of stuff to redo in that package, including:

- The Edana Tutorial package
Maybe worth it. But I'd have to make all new plaques, since the keys and methods have changed.

- Curse of the Bear Gods
Is looking increasingly difficult, due to the fact that I was apparently 'mis-informed' by one of the devs on the effort to port old scriptfiles. In addition, it suffers greatly due to the lack of Ambient_generic working and there's no way to make a sustained sound without it.

- Crow's new map series: Word Walker I-III
Did that. ;) (Although, it too, was a lot better with working ambient_generics - there's all sorts of creepie ambience in those maps you are missing out on - but at least they don't drive any events.)

- Cyax's map series: MS Quest One
Could do that, probably not hard (very simple maps) - but also maybe not worth it (v. boring, low level maps).

- Marctastic's Player vs. Player maps: pvp_archery, pvp_arena
These work fine, see also ye old thread (recently updated).

- Thothie's Gateroom map
Even more pointless now, and doesn't go everywhere.

- Level2 Maps and installer
I'd have to completely redo these, a lot of work. There's also not as wide a level variety of creatures as there once was, due to old scripts not being ported, which further complicates things.

- AMX for Master Sword with plugins by Lord Mathias (StevenLAFI):
Still working on getting a full working package of AMX plugins adapted for MSC. You can get a recently updated package here:
http://www.thothie.com/ms/msc_amx.zip
Includes the current beta-map voter, msc log, crash recover, and others.

- Spawn points and map fixes are available on my page.

- DLL fixes no longer needed.

So, in conclusion, I've not made an MS:C Enhancement set yet, as I've yet to get enough things completed and together to make a comprehensive package. :(
Wow, thats alot of stuff. o_o

Goodluck on that, that sounds like too much work.
I'll get working on restoring all the original stuff then. D: