I lost my character. May I restore it ?

BuffaloBill

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Hello.

Some time ago I was playing Master Sword. But after, I get a little bit bored, so I stop. I have deleted the MSC, but I forget what fot playing MSC you must have it installed. So I install it again, but when I try to chose my character, I have this message: "Out of memory. Couldn´t Allocate New Block".

So I only can create a new one, or delete the old one. Are there some possibility to return it ?

Thank you.

(I am not sure about if it is right place for this message. And sorry for my english.)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Probably didn't install right... Last three times we heard of this error, turned out to the case.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=10041
Thothie said:
Before we do anything ya might regret, few things to try, as I recall, the last time I heard of something like this, it turned out to be an installation issue.

First, especially if you've not played since 2013 or so, check that Half-Life is updated and not installed in the old locale (since Valve moved it to keep us on our toes):
- check %steam_path%\Steam\steamapps\%user_name%\Half-Life\
- If this exists, delete it (along with all its sub folders), uninstall Half-Life on the Steam Library, reinstall Half-Life, run Half-Life (training room), and reinstall MSC (full installer, then the beta).

If it doesn't exist:
- check %steam_path%\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life\msc\dlls
- Make sure the DLL files therein are both dated ~November 22nd, 2015
If not:
- Close Steam
- Delete the msc folder (along with all its sub folders)
- Reinstall Master Sword Continued 1.2 FULL INSTALLER FEB2015d from the Downloads Page
- Reinstall MSC Update Package - NOV2015a from the Downloads Page

...and if that don't fix it... Well, if you've actually not played since 2014 or earlier, it's doubtful rolling you back will, but that'll at least be all that's left. Much more likely there's an issue with the install such as the above.

Most often, it's just a case of having installed the full installer and not the update, or visa versa.

BuffaloBill

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I don't know why I just didn't do it before. Thank you very much. Reinstalling the game solved the problem.