Hello/Programmer

StarCraftFan

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Hello all, I have been a fan of MSC for a while and I have recently got back into playing. I am interested in helping out with development. I have a BS&E in Computer Science and Engineering and I used to do mapping for HL and HL2. I know languages like C, Objective C, Java and MIPS. I have a full time job Programming/App Development, but I am willing to put time in after work and on the weekends when I have spare time. I realized that once I started working my degree helped me learn new systems and languages. I am self taught, Independent, and try to write code that is formatted and easy to follow.

Starcraftfan is a really old nickname of mine and I have come up with a new Nickname Badskel (Diablo 2 Necro).

Feel free to message me! I have also been hanging out in the discord channel for MSC in my spare time.

Sincerely,
Badskel

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
StarCraftFan said:
...and try to write code that is formatted and easy to follow.

Well msc is not the place for that :p all joking aside, hopefully you could help us out of some of the jams we've worked ourselves into.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
That is if Thothie is still on Earth. He probably was kidnapped by aliens again.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
ayylamo.png

Meh, tried to get something out of Solokiller, to no avail. Guess this guy will be attempt #3141592a.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Never loose that hope, i guess.

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
At least we can all sleep well, knowing that all progress is safely stored in some git repository somewhere, right? :p

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well I do have a pre-fab e-mail to send to various folks with links to the latest resources in my will, should I drop off.

We're kinda stuck on multiple fronts at the moment though, coupled with the issues that lead me to have said will drawn up years ago. All very frustrating.

StarCraftFan

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Hello all,
I want to let you know that I have been working with Thothie and believe I have a setup that works. I will provide updates as I work on the project and hopefully I can help the project progress! I am also interested in working with the source version, but for now I will be working with Thothie on the current issues! I am not going to rush into the problems, but try absorb as much information so I can and draw a design before I try to work on an implementation.

Sincerely,
StarCraftFan

PS: My current NickName is Badskel and is used on discord.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Well, that is some good news. Feel free to take your time doing your stuff, rushing things is never a good thing to do.

Keldorn

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
I am also alive and write software for a living now, if it matters (C, Objective-C, Swift) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Keldorn said:
I am also alive and write software for a living now, if it matters (C, Objective-C, Swift) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Holy ****! You still alive it seems.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Keldorn said:

I was trying to find an appropriate teary-eyed "Why didn't you tell me this sooner!?" image to reply to this with. The only thing I could find was some sorta anime thing that looks like someone's finally coming out of the closet to the guy who had a crush on him so long.

...Might actually be appropriate...

(No homo.)

I'll send you my package soon. (Again, no homo.)

Rhodeder

New Adventurer
Christian Warrior's of God
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
How is everything going with this? I would probably help but i only know web programming. Currently working on a website for an unannounced AAA game. Hate to say it but it almost feels at this point the game should be rebuilt in an engine like Unity. I have a bunch of unity assets for environmental and a community donation pool might allow you to get more. In all honesty you could probably contact asset authors and get a copy for free since your not doing it for profit. In all honesty though for modding of this style to work these days you have to get it setup on github and make it public. Programmers don't even have to be initiated they will just respond to open issues and submit changes and then the moderators can approve and push code changes to the master branch. There are tons of people learning unity and want to get their hands dirty on a project to learn. Could probably find a ton in unity forums.