[Guide] How to play Master Sword 1.35 Enhanced - Server Included

Heimriel

Adventurer
Reaction score
Hi All

I'm not trying to spam with topics on how to play old versions but I think with the general stability problems with 1.01 and the difference in versions it's good to have a little bit of a nostalgia trip.

Whilst some are still mainly playing continued, Maximus has hosted a cool Steamless WON 1.35 Enhanced MS Version.

Here is a guide on how to play it.

First off you're going to need the following stuff.

1. Half Life Game of the Year Iso - Here
- Half Life WON CD Key - If you have an old copy of your game you can use the one sealed to the inside of your plastic case.
- Half Life Patch 1.1.1.0 - Here
- Half Life Patch 1.1.1.2 Steamless - Here

Create a folder in another director no where near steam, install Half Life into it, open it up insert key, close it then update to 1.1.1.0 and then to 1.1.1.2 do not update directly to 1.1.1.2 as it doesn't work that way :/

2. Next you're going to need to install Master Sword 1.35 Complete Package found below:
- Master Sword 1.35 Enhanced Full Repack

Master Sword 1.35 Enhanced Key Notes:
- This version is the final build before everything moved to Continued development at least to my knowledge.
- YOU CAN ONLY CREATE A CHARACTER ON EDANA
- Before you start your game for the first time delete your save.char file located in your ms directory, after this do not delete again.
- You will need to run hl.exe in Compatibility mode of Windows 98 / Windows ME or the game WILL crash.
- You must create a shortcut of hl.exe and add the following command line to the shortcut to add console as seen below
- Make sure when you make your character the first time, change your name where it says NAME: to the name you want to be called and do not rename it afterwards.
1582142422752.png

Master Sword 1.35 Enhanced Server Info

8 Slots Max - IP: 84.215.61.21

Server isn't up all the time but on request, mess about etc, there are some cool things to try out.

When you open the game, navigate to Multiplayer, Hit Internet games once and let it pull the WON Serverlist, this takes about 20 seconds.

Go to Add Server and use the IP Address above, then you should see the server as per below:

1582142681763.png

Womack

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I literally felt sick from the nostalgia, i need to go smoke 2 cigarettes. If theres anything i can do to return the favor just let me know

Salina

New Adventurer
Sons of Babel
DarkTide
Reaction score
Can you reupload the link? It's dead :c