Greedy Arken

ArkenMilovat

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
Character slot : 1
SteamID : STEAM_0:1:11838714
What happened :Uh i did it again...
noticed that my char started to overflow tryed to clearn some stuff out ... and overflowed to kick and never-join-back state.
Please forgive me allmighty god!

Time somewhere 0:20 +2

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
:\

That Galat chest holds a metric ton of stuff now... I've not had time to look over your char yet, but it seems cleaning the inventory out should be viable, even without a mule. :/ If yer corrupting mid-cleaning, there maybe something more fundamental going on.

Done, in anycase. One left for the month.

ArkenMilovat

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
Character slot : 1
SteamID : STEAM_0:1:11838714
What happened : I dont know. He just overflow on empty space. almost all items in bank, so i dont think that cuz of amount items on char.
24 jun 12:00 +2

Tigerkev

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Heroes of Dawn
Reaction score
He overflowed when me and someone else kicked his (Shadow?) Wolf around. I don't know how that can be connected to the oflow tho.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Two possibilities:
• One of the few items you have left, or one of the items you have equipped, is corrupt.
• You are actually overflowing from an excess of quest data. (As I feared might start with a bank this large.)

Pet's hitpoints are tracked in quest data - so that does kinda point in that direction... I hope not though. I'll have to look over your character.

...also... Done.

edit:
Third possibility: You have a bag inside a bag here, and said bag has a lotta crap in it. This lags the server, in addition to increasing your overflow chances and the chance of random item disappearances.

ArkenMilovat

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
You see after last overflow i drop 75% of stuff and another gave to second char (boh too...) i think that mayby really cuz of bank, it full of pots
Edit: rollback penalty : -2 dragon axes 120 k exp from sa D: its like a save from 1 day ago

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Psh, the amount of times i rolled back in the past made me loose lots and lots of xp and items, you should really not care about the items, the xp on the other hand, it's easy to recover if u are willing to waste a few more hours.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I can take another shot at it, but backups are only done every eight hours, so you're bound to lose something.

Granted, you might just be happy that I let you dup that stuffed Bag of Holding, as otherwise I'd have to roll back all three of your characters, knowing you transfered it.

Your Galat chest doesn't look all that stuffed - although I didn't take a close look at how many duplicate items there are in stacks.

cartman-2000

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
How many items do you have in your chest? I have around 40-50 on average on mine and I don't have a problem with that, I also know someone that was able to stuff around 140 items in there chest he hasn't had overflow problems either.

Also what does the rate command say for you on your client, if that is to low it could also make you overflow, mine is at 30000.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
I also have around 140 items in my chest without any issues... Don't think thats the reason why he is having these issues.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
cartman-2000 said:
Also what does the rate command say for you on your client, if that is to low it could also make you overflow, mine is at 30000.
Different sorta overflow. That, at worst, will lag you, but it wont stop your char from loading up.

The quest data overflow seems unlikely, given that his chest doesn't seem that loaded, and I managed to stuff the chest with LiTch tongues until it was bursting without issue. I'm not sure if the pet wolves update their quest data when they don't actually take damage either - I'd have to check that.

I'm not even sure if quest data overflow is possible - it may not be a single stream like the item data.

ArkenMilovat

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
After rollback in my chest appear broken gold again. gold you can pickup but gold you cant use, better drops this, right?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Gold what in the who now?

If your Galat Chest is scrambling from a Golden/Unbreakable Golden axe, that's an odd thing in the GUI I've yet to figure out. Everything is still in it, you just have to take items out until you get to the axe that's stacking.

If something else with the wold gold in it is having similar effect, I'm beginning to wonder whad up wid dat. Maybe some gold auto-parse function in the treasure GUI we need to work on.