Great, another roll back. Damn I suck...

xxxcoldmanxxx

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
God. Again. As Always. Have ticketed and threw some stuff, getting overflow problems again.
Slot 1
IGN: Stellie
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:1243450
Time to rollback to: 9th March 08 at 12pm (+8 GMT ,Singapore)

Thanks in advance! :)
You've always been there to roll us back when we need it. ^.^

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Should probably make it a 2 month roll back, if you get where I'm going with this.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I wouldn't have, if I had realized Stellie = Coldman... Seriously, drop at least half yer stuff, I don't think yer getting another rollback for the next three months.

Shurik3n - if you have any clue or progress as to fixing overflow by reading in the inventory system, I'd prioritize that over any other concepts ye maybe playing with, as that's the most likely thing to tick Blasto off so much he goes insane and throws the FN server out his window. ;)

xxxcoldmanxxx

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Yep another roll back again... THIS time, its good. I throw some shit and yay i get overflows again. I'll make god bloody f*cking damn sure this is the last one in three months.

Slot 1
IGN: Stellie
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:1243450
Time to rollback to: 9th March 08 at as close as 6pm (+8 GMT ,Singapore)

xxxcoldmanxxx

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I don't know. Apparently, this time I get overflowing probs when i DROP stuff. Not when I get too many items.

WeissberV

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
xxxcoldmanxxx said:
I don't know. Apparently, this time I get overflowing probs when i DROP stuff. Not when I get too many items.

:roll:

Mikkel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
Stellies rollbacks are a total of 90% of all rollbacks, or kinda.

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Should find and make a list of items that contribute to overflows, maybe that'll help lower the frequency of this problem, knowing what items not to stock up on.

subenji99

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I'd say Stellie would be most qualified to compile that list by now :p

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
You misunderstand. We're looking for a list of items that cause overflows, not items that are good enough to scam Blasto >_>

OICWATIDIDTHAR

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
all right you got rolled back again, you need to stop collecting items your character is just to close to the edge for you to pick any more up. Your character overflows when it reaches above 3.2Kb and your at 3.17 right now, so either drop items that have long names or stop picking up items. FYI items with long names make the biggest impact; IE: lesser bad of holding

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Or just STOP PUTTING BAGS IN BAGS, FFS

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
she doesn't have bags in bags, in fact I made her drop all her bags and switch to a simple bag system. This saved her at least .23Kb on her character, however filling up on items negated that.

xxxcoldmanxxx

New Adventurer
Reaction score
MiB, your not bad. You just don't look before you say anything. FYI, I DON'T HAVE BAGS IN BAGS.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Ye said ye had multiple bags o holding. The only way to have multiple bags of holding, is to put them in other bags. (Lest ye just run aroudn with yer hands full of them all the time.)

I'm seriously going to have to load this character and see if I can get some clue what's going on with it.

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
I have loaded it many times, she just carries a lot of items simple as that. There isn't a lot of duplicates either, she just has a lot of items. Only one bag of holding, either way you look at it, its just she has to many items with long script names. Hell my character sits at 3.31 I have yet to break it. why? because I don't collect anything but scrolls and maybe a select few items.

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
How many containers in total does she have? Is it few containers with lots of items in each, or many containers with less in each.

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
she used to have many containers with few items in each, I told her to switch from that to many items in few containers. That gave her a bit of wiggle room.