For the Players I Hate: PVP Maps (By Marctastic)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
These work fine with MS:C as do the map configs. :D

There are two types of players I really despise, almost more than hackers: Player Killers, and Archers. The PK'ers I hate, as they drive people off the server, and the Archers I hate, because they're useless in a battle, and tend to crash the server (that, and they tend to stick the real warriors into place, damned lego-llamas). Albiet, none of this applies to MS:C.

Well, after a short conversation with Marctastic, I managed to mix up a little hell for both types of players, two Player Vs. Player maps:

pvp_arena.jpg

The Arena: (pvp_arena): This is a very simple Roman style gladiator's coliseum, originally used in PVK. It isn't much to look at, but it does its job. No crits, best for one on one battles, or even five on five. It'd be hard to make this map lag.

pvp_archery.jpg

The Archery Range: (pvp_archery): Very simple map to find out who's the best shot. Granted, with the ambient wind, some of these shots are damned near impossible. It has telescopes so you can check your arrows and see if they hit the mark. If you make one of the really hard ones, it'll play some fanfair for ya.

Someone actually requested an archery map, so who knows, maybe some of you are actually into that sort of thing: virtual archery competitions and all. ;)

Both of these maps represent Marctastic's earliest work of more than four years ago. They are very, very simple, so don't hold it against him. They are indeed, so very simple, that it's not even worth it to post screenshots larger than those shown.

All the files needed to run both of them are included in the rar file (including res files).

In addition, I've included AMX configurations that set the ms_pklevel to 1, overriding the server.cfg for these maps only. This only works if you have AMX up and running on your server, of course.

Granted, the exception is by use of amx_map or amx_mapmenu, as using either of these seems to fix the ms_pklevel bug. Thus I include the configuration files. The "mapconfig.amx" plugin must be running for the configs to take affect.

Ye download (4mb): http://www.thothie.com/ms/pvp1.rar

If you need a rar unzipper, go clicky here: http://www.rarsoft.com/download.htm

Both are on the votemap menu @ Thothie's.

meazum

New Adventurer
Christian Warrior's of God
Reaction score
COOL MAPS !! and what healthbar is THAT!?

(im sure noone remembers me, i was a Lurker back on the old ms forums and here too .. so this is my first post)

Chopsuey

New Adventurer
Reaction score
i remember playin those on PVK,, btw thothie, i hope ya dont hold this against me. i "hack" am an archer,,, pk by ACCIDENT sumtimes

dam lol