Felewyn Symbols

Snebbers

New Adventurer
Shadows of Torkalath
Reaction score
So, this is for you Thothie.

I''ve been asking around and a bunch of people are saying that the quest to get the Felewyn shard's are disabled because people abused an exploit in the past and duplicated them so them and unholy blades became very common.

I have a symbol (Number 5 currently) and I'm pretty sure I had Symbol 2 a long time ago as a reward from the_wall2 that I tagged along on. I no longer have symbol 2.

Is there any point to keeping this if we can't get Felewyn Shard I/II/III/IV/V or the Unholy Blade?

Why not just make them easier to obtain, they're not worth it from what people are saying.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
again_really_again.jpg

Actually, I did tweak it out to make it a bit easier in this last patch...

But no, there's no point in keeping multiple shards.

I suspect we'll be axing the shards altogether, converting all the shards to some generic holy sword (maybe a better one), moving the unholy blade to some other build formula or chest, and trying this again, when we have a system that works proper.

Snebbers

New Adventurer
Shadows of Torkalath
Reaction score
Actually sounds okay to me, I'll just get rid of the symbol then (my chest is full haha, pot hoarding)

Make the holy sword train divination too :p

Seriously UGA is just impossible... And Holy Lance I can't even get to, I have no idea how to fight Irothor on the_wall

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Thothie said:
I suspect we'll be axing the shards altogether, converting all the shards to some generic holy sword (maybe a better one), moving the unholy blade to some other build formula or chest, and trying this again, when we have a system that works proper.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSwkADd0dcATCH3S-98CA9oowxrl-fUkZOPSJ23K7cHysGT_MQ.jpg

Or you could always keep the items as they are now and call them shards and later on forge them into a holy or unholy blade, giving the player one choice only, change the forging process for unholy/holy shards* to be more player friendly, rename felewyn symbols to something like "weapon fragment #1", setup the game to drop these in various spots with random drop chances, voilá.

You wanted to test that one system that would let the player pick only one side/path, so do this and be done with it. It could work as a test, forcing people to pick either holy or unholy blades when forging.

And obviously, weapon requirements should remain the same. Holy/unholy shard = 30 swords, Holy/unholy blade = 40 swords or w/e.

Also, would make sense to remove all the current quest data under . quest f if something like this was done with the current shards in-game, changing the system completly and not removing/resetting the quest data would pretty much screw everyone over in this game.

And for last, all this waiting is killing me and many others who have given hope in this game, it's like you are trying to come up with a system that can't be exploited, you should know by now, everything has a weakness and this is ms:c, a game is rigged with exploits to the root. People just need to find it and use it before nerfhammer makes a strike, isn't it that obvious? If i'm still interested in these "impossible items" by the time they come, i'm pretty sure i'm going to get at least one of them, if not all, with no matter what system you will apply to this game. The very best you can do is slow down the process of obtaining the item but not the quantity, that i guarantee you. And last i checked giving players really boring tasks to do is not a good deal for a game with a small active community base that seems to get smaller from time to time. Things should be more attractive to the crowd, not the other way around. But hey, guess by the time said system comes into play, we will see the reaction of the few players still hanging about playing this game, see how it turns out in the long run. :wink:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
It's not-so-much about the system being exploited, as the system, even if it worked properly, couldn't provide the desired effect. It's just a half-assed work around for the fact that we can't do what we wanna.

So, until we can do what we wanna - shards go bye bye and all Apostle weapon lines are on hold.

You'll still get *something* for finding all the symbols and knocking Undamael on his arse, likely something better, just not something that has anything to do with the end game.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
What is it you can't do that you wanna?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist