Disciple

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
A special model for a new map i am working on, what do you think?
And if you are wondering...Yes he is a psychic, and yes he has arms, they are under the cloak, and yes he is using his telekinetic powers to make the staff float.
e9dmyt.png

EDIT: Reuploaded, download again you have downloaded it previously.

Based on the Ethereal from Xcom

296642-ethereal_mug_shot_large.jpg

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I'm thinking we need to grab our heavy plasma rifles, hop into the Avenger, and pray those psychics we've been training can handle Ethereals. ;)

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
I'm thinking we to grab our heavy plasma rifles, hop into the Avenger, and pray those psychics we've been training can handle Ethereals. ;)

Well, since i am in charge of last-hope i might aswell use the assets for something :)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Any hope for last hope? :/ Seemed like a potentially fun idear. :\

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Looks good & i want his staff now :D

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
zeus9860 said:
Looks good & i want his staff now :D

I almost made it myself...Well i made the sphere, and recolor myself :)
Used to have a silver-ish snake head.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Dun have the Source version's source code? :\

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Dun have the Source version's source code? :\

Nope, pendra has that...
I always preferred the halflife 1 version, maybe because thats the one i grew up with.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
That looks incredibly undetailed, even for Goldsource standards.
Sorry.

Almost as old as the first bludgeon, cant blame em.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Meh, if I was gonna to put effort into that, I think I'd go with the Source version, unless the "progress thus far" situation was akin tot he difference between MSC and MSS. (Plus, looking at the source, I hate the way this code is arranged - it almost looks like he made a separate mod for every weapon. >_>)

Plus I don't see where the materials (models, maps, etc.) for this HL1 version are...

As for that model in MSC, yeeeah... I think we kinda covered the whole "mysterious hooded wizard who may or may not have a body under thar" better with the Hollow One and Cold One already. Nice work modding Velend's staff though - could use that for somethin, if we had the source.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Meh, if I was gonna to put effort into that, I think I'd go with the Source version, unless the "progress thus far" situation was akin tot he difference between MSC and MSS. (Plus, looking at the source, I hate the way this code is arranged - it almost looks like he made a separate mod for every weapon. >_>)

Plus I don't see where the materials (models, maps, etc.) for this HL1 version are...

As for that model in MSC, yeeeah... I think we kind covered the whole "mysterious hooded wizard who may or may not have a body under thar" better with the Hollow One and Cold One already. Nice work modding Velend's staff though - could use that for somethin, if we had the source.

The source code is a bit confusing yes, but fixing the bugs in the beta would be awesome, and the models are in the released version, We have no map sources except for old ones i recieved from former devs.

And... Well this hooded wizard is a little special :) (You'll see when i make the dialogue and the map), the hollow one can be an enemy though, i admit he looks good.
And the staff will be part of the model, you can just rip it (using milkshape 3d, its easy)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well, I would rip it, but I dun have the model.

Also, the only Last Hope release I can find with models in it seems to be the Source one. I can convert HL2 models to HL1, but it'd be a pain, and there's no hope at all for the maps.

I wonder what limit he hit that made him decide the HL1 enigne couldn't handle it though... Seems it'd be a fairly simple game.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Well, I would rip it, but I dun have the model.

Also, the only Last Hope release I can find with models in it seems to be the Source one. I can convert HL2 models to HL1 but it'd be a pain, and there's no hope at all for the maps.

I wonder what limit he hit that made him decide the HL1 engine couldn't handle it though... Seems it'd be a fairly simple game.

I can post the model here soon.

And look for the halflife 1 edition of Last-Hope it includes almost models.
I think it was the geoscape....Or just the wish to move on to a better engine.

EDIT: uploaded.
You would do me a favor by adding it to the next patch.

Truewarrior

Adventurer
MSC Developer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
mmm, i could always look for some references online to make some good looking staffs, did you have anything in mind thotthie?

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
That staff looks fantastic. I really would like to see that as a wizard staff some day.

...However, that amoebic green blob thing is even worse than the amoebic blob thing that is the current Iposatu model. It needs heavy editing before it gets implemented, in my opinion. It's as bad as our rat model.

Care to divulge any information on this new map you are working on?

Edit: While I agree with Thothie that the Hollow One is a great looking model, it can never hurt to have a second one with the same theme so long as it looks half way decent.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I think if you wanted a floaty wizard thing, you'd be better off cutting the legs off the Hollow One, and rigging up some ghost-like floating torn-ribbon robes, kinda like the Nazgul from Disney's old LotR cartoons... Or maybe mod the wraith and go with the other death king from Dragon's Lair:
dragons_lair.jpg
(Sorry, best picture I can get on short notice. >_>)

This kewt little green guy would work well in, say, Land of Legends, but most of our monsters don't have that "I just escaped the land of Zelda 64" kewt look - even if they are low enough poly to have done so. (Obvious exception would be the rats and bats, but we've been trying to fix those...)

Again, the *staff* I might be able to do something with... Modded morrowind staff though it maybe... What to do with it, on the other hand, I've no idea.

Truewarrior said:
mmm, i could always look for some references online to make some good looking staffs, did you have anything in mind thotthie?
As the last sentence above suggests, I don't. But show me something, and maybe it'll inspire something. Dunno how far away we are from having our polearm viewmodel set ready to go.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Well the thing is...This guy aint a ghost or anything, and the model represents his looks pretty well...
And i like how his animations work.

By the way, i have reuploaded the model, he was not supposed to be green.

The staff could be a reward in the map i am planning maybe.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
The polearms animation, at least the two handed, are really close to getting finished (like 3 world animations away)

I have troubles with the 1 handed animation since im tempted to make many of them a copy of the 2 handed ones with only 1 arm.

Thanks anyway for reminding me (altough a bit late) to make animations for magic staff-like weapons

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Little-G said:
talking_to_wall.jpg

Color not the issue.

Meh, so long as it's just on your map, I suppose it dun much matter though. Just don't expect me to put effort into it or prioritize it over anything else. Seems just about everything's getting bumped up another month as it is. If you pester Jelly or CMD they may have more spare MSC time for such scripts (albiet, your Digger-Cow-Elves have been on the [REQ] script list in the dev section for nearly four months, and neither of them seem interseted in touching it). When it inevitably winds up being yet another major race/god in MSS, it damned well at least have a new model. >_>

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Little-G said:
talking_to_wall.jpg

Color not the issue.

Meh, so long as it's just on your map, I suppose it dun much matter though. Just don't expect me to put effort into it or prioritize it over anything else. Seems just about everything's getting bumped up another month as it is. If you pester Jelly or CMD they may have more spare MSC time for such scripts (albiet, your Digger-Cow-Elves have been on the [REQ] script list in the dev section for nearly four months, and neither of them seem interseted in touching it). When it inevitably winds up being yet another major race/god in MSS, it damned well at least have a new model. >_>

Its not going to be a new race on Leann thats for sure..., you may meet more in mss...maybe...And if thats the case they will of course have a better model.

Anyway im going to work on the map and see if it can be bundled with the fixed Nashalrath since all it requires are two scripts, an item and the disciple.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
If that thing was to get ingame, would be better to see it in different colours lol

Doesn't seem that bad picturing a fight against a few of those with different cloak colours (green-venom, yellow-lightning, black/grey-dark, red-fire, white/blue-ice, orange-acid and so on) This is just me spitting out what i think, not sure if it fits your map or not but it would be kinda epic facing a boss fight(or a couple) against dudes of various elements. :mrgreen:

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Theres a reason this specific one is yellow.
I actually need someone to help me with this map as i have a serious issue.
Apparently hammer ain't compatible with my ATI card, so i can select brushes or entity making mapping impossible.

I will post more about it later.