That's fog, happens randomly :D

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
That means you farted big time without taking a notice on yourself, while playing ms:c. :wink:

Tigerkev

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Heroes of Dawn
Reaction score
zeus9860 said:
That means you farted big time without taking a notice on yourself, while playing ms:c. :wink:

Yep or that, like those scripted awesome events of msc 8)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I think it'll do it without the setweather... exploit. ;)

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
Borya said:
TheOysterHippopotami said:
I consider that a glitch.

How is setweather a glitch? ;P
In the case of sfor and edana sewers the setweather function occurs randomly, does nothing to enhance game play, is uglier than shit and cannot be removed under any circumstances. Why on earth would that be intentional?

Borya

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
A glacial palace in the elder forest of the north.
Borya said:
I consider that a glitch.

How is setweather a glitch? ;P
In the case of sfor and edana sewers the setweather function occurs randomly, does nothing to enhance game play, is uglier than **** and cannot be removed under any circumstances. Why on earth would that be intentional?

I'd say it adds, *ahem*, atmosphere.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
It was originally green fog all the time in the sewers, but the green fog script didn't work right at the time. Looks good to me... Save that it makes it easier to see in the dark, rather than harder, for some odd reason.

'clearsky' should clear up any weather fx ya don't like.

Borya

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
A glacial palace in the elder forest of the north.
Say, any chance we'll see weather changed to client side like day/night cycle currently is? Also, would it be possible to make the setweather command usable more than once per map? I can't be the only one who prefers to be able to have the fog only to have someone else clearsky it, or set a fog to make the map easier on the eyes and have it insta-clear without cause (happens solo).

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Borya said:
Say, any chance we'll see weather changed to client side like day/night cycle currently is? Also, would it be possible to make the setweather command usable more than once per map? I can't be the only one who prefers to be able to have the fog only to have someone else clearsky it, or set a fog to make the map easier on the eyes and have it insta-clear without cause (happens solo).
It's usuable more than once per map, there's just a delay... Next version, I *hope* we'll have weather fx entirely client side, so if you type clearsky, or change the weather via setweather, it won't affect anyone else. Rebuilt the whole TOD and Weather systems from scratch for that.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
In the weather map properties enter "rain;rain;rain".

Clearsky will still cancel it, but we can force weather script side (sets a flag that stops setweather/clearsky from functioning.)

We've optimized the rain effect somewhat, however, it might be kinda cruel on some of the legacy and ATI users still.