1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crash on LAN Listen Server

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Malachite, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Malachite

Malachite Adventurer Heroes of Dawn

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    United States
    Me and my friend MNahin we're trying to see if Tunngle or Evolve would work to play MS:C over a VLAN network, and it indeed works.. but it seems the listen server doesn't crash his game like it does me, I don't know why..

Help would be appreciated, thanks..

2. MS:C community

MS:C community Active Adventurer

Jul 7, 2011
    Open log_cldll.log and log_msdll.log and see if you find something unusual there.

...and more info would help. Where does it go wrong? What goes wrong? How exactly? When?

Info info info info info info info info

3. Thothie

Thothie Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Developer

Apr 8, 2005
    psycho-oligist
    lost
    Not sure why you'd be Tunngleing to begin with, save maybe curiosity... The LAN mode handles character saves differently, so it could be a character specific problem. Like community says, would need to know when you're crashing though. Switching from on-line to LAN (or visa versa) will cause crashes as well.

Could be a configuration issue - maybe copy your friend's configs (backup your own first).

4. Malachite

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    United States
    I was crashing typing in the name of create characer, around the last second.

5. MS:C community

MS:C community Active Adventurer

Jul 7, 2011
    Sometimes when taking too long in the character creation menu, the game will just crash. How many times did you try this?

You can also try setting your name in the console before connecting;
    name "Legate Malachite"

...and then joining.

6. Malachite

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    United States
    Thanks, that worked ! :)