Charging

D.Drew

Adventurer
Reaction score
Since you can partially charge a weapon to increase the damage, shouldn't that apply to the rest of the charges as well?

It only works with the grey bar, after that the damage doesn't increase. Would be a nice feature.

linksword916

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I'm fairly certain any charge past the first one is another effect, not just charging for more damage.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
With one or two exceptions, this be true - and in some cases, such as stun, the third attack actually does less damage...
...Also is tricky to do.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure what he's saying is charging to 150% (50% past first charge) should do Charge 2 at half damage. I'm not on board, but I'll do what people want.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeah, but a lot of weapons don't do increased damage at charge #2, or even do less, but with an extra effect.

A lot of that system is script side though - canna recall exactly how it works, off hand.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Yeah, but you would still get the effect, albeit at less damage. If you really need to stun, don't charge all the way, do .2 damage but still stun. Like I said, I think it might be unbalanced for reasons like that and also really annoying to do full damage with an attack.

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
Yeah, but you would still get the effect, albeit at less damage. If you really need to stun, don't charge all the way, do .2 damage but still stun.
Are you saying you can stun without completing the charge? and that damage increases based on how complete the charge is?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
IIRC, from charge 0.25 to 1, the damage scales 100-200%. At charge 2, the damage is 75% of charge 0 but adds stun.

D.Drew

Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
IIRC, from charge 0.25 to 1, the damage scales 100-200%. At charge 2, the damage is 75% of charge 0 but adds stun.
I mean from charge 1 to 1.99, which applies to most weapons in the game

It'd be nice to have every charge function that way, but I figure that would require a lot of effort to do, and also a lot of balancing. I'm only asking for the power attack (or whatever it's called) to function in the same way.