Char Bugged

Picadilly

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
Getting Reliable Channel Overflow error @ 60/61 items. I PM'd Blasto to tell him which items I'd prefer be dropped, if need be...

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I trust you tried char_recover?

Picadilly

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Ya I tried char_recover... It's one of those bad overflows where it doesn't even "try" to load... Seems to give me the overflow message the instant I click the char.

Wrath

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I get the same thing! By chance were you playing with PiMpStA when it started to happen, and if so did he slay you using admin?

Picadilly

New Adventurer
Reaction score
No, actually it seems that a few players are getting overflows errors @ 61+/- items, this has been happening to me for some time now. Blasto was nice enough to roll me back, but I had to go back 3 days. Meh, no big deal I'll get the XP and items back. Blasto suggested that I might be having problems since I have a lot of equippable items. I have noticed another thing by entity checking during all this. When players join, their equippable items eat up LOTS of entities, even if they haven't or won't be equipped during the map. I'm not sure how to help it. As for myself, I'm trying to keep my item count @ 50 now. It's kind of a drag, since one of my favorite activities in the game is to collect and save mid-level items for our low-mid level guild buddies.
We've all discussed lots of ideas to fix this problem. Right now I think no free edicts is what everyone is focusing on. Maybe when they come with a solution for that problem, they'll find a way to let us store items in a way that doesn't add data to our player's CHAR file. Or maybe there's some kind of compression we can use between [FN] and the server to keep the CHAR file under 4k until read. Meh, I'm not a HL coder, so in the end of the day I can only guess...

Wrath

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Well what i said happened to me and when i try to use my normal character on Joe's server i overflow and his server crashes.
:(

Picadilly

New Adventurer
Reaction score
My only advice, Wrath, is to try to connect to the lowest ping server you can find. I've noticed that I'll overflow on other people's servers, before I'm overflowing on my server. Not sure if it's ping or what, but I have to assume it has something to do with that...