challs difficulty

CmdrQuartz

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Seems like this should be in suggestions, if not feel free to move it.

So challs has a supposed difficulty rating of lvl10-15 100-150hp but with the presence petrified skeletons and the health and damage of the boss it is most definitely not nearly that low level a place. This is the first part of my suggestion either lowering the difficulty of those mobs, everything else is pretty manageable, or adjusting the recommended level/hp so it tells you to leave instead of wondering how you are supposed to deal with these things at that level.

The second part is loot, considering the difficulty the hiddenish chests have pitiable loot, and the boss just dropped coins and 1 potion the 3 times my brother and I killed him. So I'd like to see a boss chest and a little better loot depending on what happens with part 1.

I know there's things setup with hp value of players present and number of players, but the two of us usually saw decent stuff in other places so I feel like maybe this place was just neglected over the years seeing as most of the community is probably veteran players that haven't visited zones like these in years. I'll admit the only reason I dragged my brother and I to this place is I seem to have this memory, quite possibly misplaced, that the boss dropped the rebuke undead scroll. Obviously no one should confirm or deny that fact as it's spoilerific of item locations, but in case someone asks why visit this place that is why I visited this place.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Most of the maps in ms:c lack logic when it comes to level range and hp range.

Challs might be yet another example, map is kinda excluded from the community since it has nothing to do in it other than explore it once or twice in your lifetime and move on. Sadly there are alot of maps like this in ms:c. And because of this situation, i always wanted to see a quest system in the game, that would make people explore every existing corner in the game.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
The HP rec probably needs updating. The only thing worth while to do in Challs is quick skeleton grinding for Divinity (at certain levels) and the potential for Vampire Blood, though the odds on that are pitiable off of FN. There's also a path to Wicard Oven in there, but not a factor if you've not forced vote restrictions (and not worth visiting if you're still finding Challs difficult).

Was one of the maps on the top of the list to send people to, if we got the quest system working, however, we've kind of run into a development roadblock that's putting a kink those plans. (and, potentially, everything else. ><)

There's a list of maps by difficulty, yonder. It might be a *bit* more accurate, as it's at least more recently community reviewed. You might also be able to pull a similar list, in game, by typing listmaps in console.

(Also, I will say you were close to your rebuke scroll, but not quite. But if you can't handle Challs, you aren't going to be prepared for the boss you'd have to face for that - though there may be easier ways.)

CmdrQuartz

New Adventurer
Reaction score
pfft, who needs easier ways. Yeah it being good for leveling rebuke undead might very be what I'm actually remembering.

What are the FN bonuses? I know I saw them somewhere but I can't for the life of me find it again. Also at this point I think the only way I'd get my brother to switch to FN is allowing his character to be uploaded, or if I could play to our current position and then have my character copied to his ID, but I know the first isn't allowed and the second wouldn't be either more than likely. So alas we shall be RNGesus's bitches, but we're having fun.

Also to sort of keep things relevant to suggestions, ran into some problems with giant bats being able to strike from out of all weapons range. Again a very low level concern, one that we've already blazed by, but still seemed a little cheap at those low levels. So suggest bringing their range down so one can actually strike at them without leaping or cowering somewhere to bring it down.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
CmdrQuartz said:
What are the FN bonuses?
The FN bonuses are 200% XP +50% XP/player beyond the first. x4 XP Bonus for bosses, +100%/player beyond the first. +25%/player gold (in most cases). Increased number of misc items per chest. x10 chance of unique item spawns in chests that have them (+2%-25% per player beyond the first).

And, of course, access to people who know where sh*t is, and how to do sh*t proper, and can tell you without getting booted off the forums. ;)

CmdrQuartz said:
ran into some problems with giant bats being able to strike from out of all weapons range
Bugger's always been screwy - seems to be the best we can do with him and still allow him to strike at all, with his weird flight model arrangement. Suspect it was kind of intentional - though it's not quite as bad as it was originally. It's possible to lure him down in some instances, but otherwise, spell him or shoot him. Some critters more or less force you to engage at range.