1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

INFO Bug Reports NOV2015a

Discussion in 'Current Patch Discussion' started by Thothie, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Malachite

Malachite New Adventurer Heroes of Dawn

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    Georgia, United States
    Off topic here, but is it ever possible to get a launcher (framework window) that automatically patches work finished by devs to server and client? instead of downloading patches etc from the site it does it from a launcher?

Idk if it may help with keeping updates constant and neat additions and tests with the community than waiting for a rather large update and a installer.

2. Thothie

Thothie Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Developer

Apr 8, 2005
    psycho-oligist
    lost
    Possible, surely - finding someone to code it up, on the other hand, and then getting it to launch in Steam. (The latter of which maybe a non-issue, come the migration.)

It'd be nice to at least have something that checked the current version on the website and gave you a prompt to update, which I suppose I know enough to do, outside of the SDK, but inside, I can't even get it to do anything before a map loads.

I actually tried to get it to launch an external program, after map load, but it seems the engine has some sorta protection against it. The intent was to launch a program to make a randomly generated map on request - not that the generator itself is ready for prime time, just experimenting.