Boss Regen System 2.0

vecraude

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Yea, seriously...maldora is WAY too over powered right now and he uses that lightning attack too frequently, hell sometimes he would lightning you into a corner, cast his barrier, and summon rocks all at the same time.

And another problem about maldora is yes, hes WAY too fast x.x, I mean even archers cant pin him down for two seconds on their scopes without him tweakin out and flyin across the room in a hissy fit, and something else, a few days ago players were atleast hitting him for over 200 damage, NOW people 40+ can barely scratch him...and thats WITH a darksword at 5th charge.

It gets to be where their have been times where I just wanted to go level in nightmare_thornlands over running lodagond cause i know their are 3 things that actually stop me, runghar, maldora, and the lack of players...if I wanted to try lodagond by myself, then I woulda done it but chances are I would be regrettin it, and I would get a MAJOR self esteem blow from just the beginning skellies.

I have a lot of pride in my hard work and I am far from finishing the fight (heheh halo 3 joke), But that dont mean I dissagree with your mind set MSC devs, just I dont agree with the lodagond boss buffs from hell lol.

Hmm...That pretty much covers runghar, and maldora.....other than that though all the other bosses are fine and dandy, not too overpowering and not too weak to just kill in 3 hits (unless you got 3 lvl 40s wailing on him XD). Great job so far dev guys and I hope that these lodagond bosses get nerfed just a tiny bit, as to make it a little more of a fair playing field.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Well, considering lodagond series is for really high levels players (1500+ hp), its reasonable that maldora is hard. Once the XP ramp doesnt stop you at lvl40, Maldora will seem easy.

vecraude

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
ok so how in gods name would someone go around gettin 1500+ hp? as is 700 is diffacult to hit let alone 1500+ o.0...

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
vecraude said:
ok so how in gods name would someone go around gettin 1500+ hp? as is 700 is diffacult to hit let alone 1500+ o.0...

that's because the current XP ramp is set up to limit people to a specific level (above 50 is practically impossible). once higher level maps come out, there will be a reason for the XP ramp to be adjusted to allow for higher level players.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Maldora's the meanest mofo in the game right now... He should *barely* be defeatable by groups of the top end players. This seems to be the case. Sorc Chief is our #2 beastie, so needless to say, same should apply.

1: How many players actually play MSC?
There are over 400 characters modified within the past two months

2: How hard does maldora runegahr etc have to get before that number drops?
It just keeps going up. FN archives have grown from 2mb, to 5mb a piece in the past three months alone.

3: If he is so hard why pump him up instead of just letting everyone use weak weapons?
Yer saying you wantz me to nerfz yer weapons? :?

4: What is the point of making it more than 2 or 3 ppl to fight a boss if there are only 2 or 3 ppl on a server at one time 80-90% of the time?
Bosses are designed to handle at least 4 of their own level. Generally when folks gear up to kill a boss, they manage to find four folks – often they’ll find eight, and said boss gets dommed.

5: Why not make it the more ppl join the harder it gets and the less ppl that join the weaker it gets?(donated by Vecraude)
Part of these proposals to avoid that effect. Ie. To make sure having more players is always a benefit.

6: Why does Runegahr and Maldora Lightning Spam so much?
Runeghar is a bit of a storm god, and thus just Lightning oriented. Maldora is just cruel and into that whole Palpatine thang.

7: If we have to recharge mana why dont they?
They also have 8000hp and 10,000hp respectively. They probably have more mana than u too. ;)

8: Is this a way to get more MSC players to work together?
Yes. It’s a way to stop people from kicking people off servers for fear they will feed bosses.

9: Is this to stop farming?
This does nothing to stop farming.

allentrill1000

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Well at least u answered the questions...now to the question i shoulda asked earlier?
1: IF there are 400 ppl modifying there account then how come the most i see online(12-14hours a day) is about 20-26?

and here is the catch all.....if we had even half the number on at one time then maybe the boss regen system would be cool...then i could join more than one or 2 servers to get into big gauntlet runs.....but as it is...i can at least play offline and use older patch and make me an offlineable character....so i guess i will probavbly go back to solo games and stick to my playstation and just play when my friends(all 6 of em) are online....But then again who knows maybe i will figure out how to level faster(without cheating) and get max level quick...then maybe soloing might be a little easier...then again i doubt it...

But ty for the answers at least it shows u think about multiple people....Now if you ever get a notion make a single player patch for those of us idiots who like playing alone more than half the time...lol

Allentrill

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Yeah. Good luck getting the max level without cheating. Noone has broken 50 (SFAIK), and the actual level cap is 255 (maybe 300)

allentrill1000

New Adventurer
Reaction score
See thats where i differ...i have no life..really no life..so i play 12+ hours a day..lol
So in another year or 2 if im not dead by then i should be level 200...or 60...lol
Allentrill

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
If you played that much, I doubt you would even break 60, much less 100 or 200. I don't think you understand just how much exp it requires to get to the higher levels.

allentrill1000

New Adventurer
Reaction score
i do and it gets harder and harder to level and i understand it...however there isnt a level cap of 200+ for no reason...so it stands to reason that its possible to get there in my lifetime...lol
and maybe one of these days there will be an easier way to level high levels...then again who knows?
Allentrill

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
The level cap at 200+ doesn't make a difference.. The only reason it's capped there is so that character saving can work properly with smaller characters.

icuownage

New Adventurer
Reaction score
lol so much xp, by that time ur like lvl 70 i think you wuld of died :p

allentrill1000

New Adventurer
Reaction score
see im not the only one who thinks its possible to get 50+in my lifetime...lol

Allentrill