Bob's suggestions

Bobito Pawner

New Adventurer
Reaction score
(Sorry for the title, it really is redundant to put one since this is a suggestion)
The torch:
It should be that when you have selected the hand that was holding the torch, you can easily change it to other items or weapons instead of pressing the holster key and selecting the item to draw again. It is really time consuming thus, it makes you cram as you fight in the dark whenever you don't have the glow(THEGLOW!!!)

Re-animations for NPCs that attack:
The aim_punch, that thing is quiet disturbing though I really like the game so I didn't mind. (I'll be making a re-animation pack for this if it seems that this will not be considered though I'm not really saying because you guys really wanted to make the game good :D). Death animations for the guards, they are using HL1 Default scientist animations which makes it look bad.
Especially for the archers, archer animations is bad except for the rogues, you can view it in-game or in JHLMV.

Sounds are not synchronized:
Some sounds like the footsteps can't be heard.

Lagging after a changelevel:
It gets lag after a matter of time of the changelevel.

Selling:
There should be a tutorial for selling, and marking of many items in case you're going to sell a lot of boar skins or rat pelts :p

That's all I do want to suggest. Thank you! :D
hehe

Meru

New Adventurer
Heroes of Dawn
Reaction score
Against the lagging problem after a transition or a server change I allways restart the complete game in these cases.
Then u wont have any problems with the laggs anymore.

But sure it would be nice if u dont have to restart the game to avoid these laggs :)

Bobito Pawner

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Meru said:
Against the lagging problem after a transition or a server change I allways restart the complete game in these cases.
Then u wont have any problems with the laggs anymore.

But sure it would be nice if u dont have to restart the game to avoid these laggs :)

Yes, I usually do that too. It really disturbs me. But I still play it because I love it :p hehehe. Yeah, it would be nice not lagging up all the time.

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
The aim_punch, that thing is quiet disturbing though I really like the game so I didn't mind. (I'll be making a re-animation pack for this if it seems that this will not be considered
Unfortunately there's nobody around with the skills/time to do this, as far as I can tell, but if you want to do it that would be pretty awesome. We could really use an animator around here...

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Bobito Pawner said:
(Sorry for the title, it really is redundant to put one since this is a suggestion)
The torch:
It should be that when you have selected the hand that was holding the torch, you can easily change it to other items or weapons instead of pressing the holster key and selecting the item to draw again. It is really time consuming thus, it makes you cram as you fight in the dark whenever you don't have the glow(THEGLOW!!!)
If you press H to switch hands after drawing a torch, you can then use a quick slot key to draw any weapon you've quick slotted into the free hand - about as good as it gets until you get enough SC to make glow useful. Alternative is to light up the area by either dropping the torch or using fire arrows.

Although Felewyn's Ring, also useful - might wanna ask someone in game about that.

Bobito Pawner said:
Re-animations for NPCs that attack:
The aim_punch, that thing is quiet disturbing though I really like the game so I didn't mind. (I'll be making a re-animation pack for this if it seems that this will not be considered though I'm not really saying because you guys really wanted to make the game good :D). Death animations for the guards, they are using HL1 Default scientist animations which makes it look bad.
Especially for the archers, archer animations is bad except for the rogues, you can view it in-game or in JHLMV.
Meh, like Oyster said, only guy who could really do that is AWOL, and I can *barely* animate.

Bobito Pawner said:
Sounds are not synchronized:
Some sounds like the footsteps can't be heard.
Dunno about synchronized, but they play - at least for me (granted, I have a hell of a time testing anything, atm, but I can at least walk a few steps). Some materials will change the footstep sounds, and they may not play if you are walking on an entity, crawling, or moving slowly due to high weight or fatigue.

Bobito Pawner said:
Lagging after a changelevel:
It gets lag after a matter of time of the changelevel.
Valved changed what does and does not get dumped from memory between levels. I've no idea what to do about this. MiB has made multiple stabs at removing sacked inventory from the game world to no avail - that's probably eating more resources than anything else, but alas. Engine is as engine does, and is off limits to us.

Bobito Pawner said:
Selling:
There should be a tutorial for selling, and marking of many items in case you're going to sell a lot of boar skins or rat pelts :p
Not sure how to go about demonstrating that in game, short of opening a video or animation. Could at least make a help tip, I suppose.