Bloodrose [WiP]

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Alright, since the other post about bloodrose iskinda cluttered with talk about how its not a legal map and such...AND since i dont have the first post to post screenies :D

I decided to make this post..ahem..(/me attempts story)

In the lands to the north of the open plains there lies a mountainous region, once inhabited by a small city of elves...however, in recent months an evil necromancer has decided to make this region his base of operations...Can you uproot this evil and lie the souls of the elves to rest?

Stats: Bloodrose

Links to - thornlands, ms_snow, melanion, elven ruins, (one other?).
Difficulty level - 5-30+
Size - massive (so massive it shouldn't even compile)
Quests? - yes

Progress:

Retexturing - 95%
Adding playability - 70%
Lighting - 60%
Added transitions - 100%

Release estimate: March.
Currently having slight problems with computer...fixes expected this weekend (feb 16 - feb 19)

Stormshift

New Adventurer
DarkTide
Reaction score
Sounds pretty good. *thumbs up*

Just hoping the r-speeds are good. <Tired of laggy maps :evil: >

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
about melanion, apparently the creator started the work on the room after the door, you should add a big room with a transiction and spawnpoints and leave the door disabled until melanion is made

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Actually, I'd like that door sealed, and openable (or breakable) by trigger event, and have it lead to the transition to the ruins.

Intended to have an NPC elven warrior guard there that won't let you pass if he sees that you are too low level. (Or at least, not without a fight)

No rush though, be awhile before we get an elven warrior I suspect. It'd just be nice to have the placeholder so we wouldn't have to recompile.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
w00t

finally fixed those annoyingly green textures :D

other than that...not much done, spent all day writing an english paper and yesterday writing a number -> binary converter program...

plans for the week:

finish up the first 'dungeon'
make the ms_snow transition secrety-ish (not too hard to find i hope, unless you're blind [odd looking textures usually mean something])
give the kodiak a cave
make that temple useful
room one of the second 'dungeon'
hope thothie sends me a new sc.dll to test new monsters difficulty with :D

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I'll have something to you today or tomorrow... (I just just send you what I have thus far later today)... Today got sidewinders done, got the model tweaks for the necro apprentice done, may have him ready by the end o the day. Also took several more failed stabs at compiling / accessing the devFTP again. Apparently, I need a bigger knife.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Actually, I'd like that door sealed, and openable (or breakable) by trigger event, and have it lead to the transition to the ruins.

Intended to have an NPC elven warrior guard there that won't let you pass if he sees that you are too low level. (Or at least, not without a fight)

No rush though, be awhile before we get an elven warrior I suspect. It'd just be nice to have the placeholder so we wouldn't have to recompile.

there should not be an elven warrior in an old hermits house.
its a better idea to do that in kray eldorad but i hard doubt there is a warrior in an abandoned wilderness...we have to keep realism up

instead findlebind can block access...or his dwarf friend that still dont have his own script

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
or i can block it with a big boulder/rubble and later let it be removed with items that you can only get if you're high enough level...

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
or maybe just do so the door cannot be opened until the map is made and once its made findlebind does only let people in with the right level

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
yeaaah....about findlebind....*cough*

by the way - if i looked at what i think you're having me look at earlier, there is no room behind that entrance...so.......>__>

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Meh, may have to add a shallow room then and an empty transitions.

BTW. Unlike Avzool - please leave transitions that go no where disabled - I can re-enable them as part of the map update ripent moduels when we get the connecting maps. People are constantly crashing on MS_SNOW trying to go ot non-existant maps. :)

Findlebind is too much of a wuss to even go out and kill the bear, so he's not stopping no one from entering there.

The elves, iirc, "are sure to be hiding in this mess" - saying something about "bad magic"... ;) I'm kinda thinking the elves have more or less cut themselves off from the human lands starting at Bloodrose. I'd like to post honorable "for your own protection" guards at the entrance to the mines, and maybe even another, stronger one, at the entrance to MS_Snow (since, that's an even meaner map). Basically, concept is, these elves will allow you to pass if you have >xxx maxhp. But otherwise, you gotta take em out. Might cut down nubs getting into areas too difficult for them, or at least let them have been warned.

(I seem to quickly be heading for that ultra-honorable, ultra-stuck up variety of elven culture.)

I don't see anything anywhere in any of the old scripts indicating Findlebind s an elf. So lest Lanethan says somethin, keeping him the last human in the region.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
was working on the 'dungeon' for apprentice, but once i saw how he moves, it has to be redone.

finished the kodiak cave, its on the first floor.
moved transition to thornlands to bottom floor
changed troll cave entrance to a sort of crevice that you break open (to avoid them killing passer-by)
worked on ms_snow transition
retextured a bunch
fixed a crate that caused the client to crash when touched
fixed a bug with the shadows near the temple (they were drawing wrong, so i made the pillar causing it into a destroyed pillar)

to do list (for this map)

add NEW 'dungeon' for apprentice
add 'dungeon' for ???? (would be a spoiler ;))
change most of the skeletons into a different kind
mebbe add some small ammounts of orcs?
give kodiak some cubs
the upper area could do with a teeny bit of expansion (if possible after dungeons)
make the thornlands transition look a bit better
minor changes to ms_snow transition (textures and entities mostly)
fix other random bugs that may or may not occur

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
sounds good...hope u didt retexture the houses though...i love the elven like marble.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
good because the town should look old... it was founded after the great war.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Where does he get this stuff? :?

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
WoW & crack

gurluas is continually trying to turn MSC into a mini WoW...dont listen to him!

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
uhm no i got the textures from a wad...cant remember what one.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
So the wad was founded during the great war? :?

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
no the town was and the texture did fit because it looked old

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
this map isn't dead, it actually *might* be releaseable after the holidays if i get enough time to do anything on it...

of course...if i /dont/ get time to work on it, you'll be waiting awhile for it - 19 credit hours next semester...