been doodling pole arms at work..

OpsMiller

Adventurer
Reaction score
ngbbs4d339fa7bbe28.jpg
this is the best one yet out of the 3..
the walking stick itself does decent melee dmg and a fast hit rate.. and the elemental thorn is a rare find. once you have the two, forge em together and it'll bond to the staff. it'll hover over the staff using magic and your mana will drain 2 point's per sec while wielding.
attack: slicing affect.
First charge: use the bottom point for chance of poison. like 15%.
second charge: thorn goes spinning like a Chinese star-effect.. upon hit it'll roll for a random element (like chaos bow).
the name could use work.. like thorned hook staff or something..
criticism and help with more ideas welcome.

Stoned

New Adventurer
Reaction score
This could be used as a staff as it looks more like a staff than a pole arm. That is---if we ever add staffs as a new type of item.

Stoned

New Adventurer
Reaction score
OpsMiller said:
isn't a staff a type of pole arms??

Maybe, but I personally think that would be better as a staff rather than a pole arm.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
I thought that staves would either: be a polearm weapon or a spellcasting weapon, based on the element it dealt dmg (that is if it dealt any). Anyways, yeah... about getting staves released for players. *thumbs up* :)

OpsMiller

Adventurer
Reaction score
zeus9860 said:
I thought that staves would either: be a polearm weapon or a spellcasting weapon, based on the element it dealt dmg (that is if it dealt any). Anyways, yeah... about getting staves released for players. *thumbs up* :)
What the heck is a stave??
n thanks for the thumbs pointing upwards.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Well i do believe staves is the plural of staff, just like knives is the plural for knife... Unless im wrong on this one, still i think i made myself clear >_>

Fegged

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
In the games i know, are staffs magic toy, so i guess it would be good to have staffs to increase spelldmg.
Also good for SC/Mages

As i can guess:"How do you want to create the spell then if your hand is blocked?"

My Answer:I don't know :7

Edit: Still a nice one (It kinda looks like a Tomahawk xD)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
We have a staff that looks a lot like the one depicted there, although it's not OC:
evilstaff.jpg

As for how staffs would work, they'd likely have a number of spell casting tricks built into them, in addition to being able to strike, dependent on a certain magical skill for their effectiveness... Kinda like the snake staff, but likely with less suckage.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
As for how staffs would work, they'd likely have a number of spell casting tricks built into them, in addition to being able to strike, dependent on a certain magical skill for their effectiveness... Kinda like the snake staff, but likely with less suckage.

Thumbs up for that!

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
One thing they could do that might make them more versatile is to buff your spellcasting power when holding them. Of course, this would require one handed spells which would be about the most awesome thing ever. I don't know much about coding but, would it be difficult to make current spells like firedart/frostbolt to be one handed?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
As we've discussed elsewhere, it would be impossibru. :/

Elric34

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
Well i think that the staffs should have something like the arrow type Cycle thing, Depending on what type of staff it is (ice, fire, afliction, holy, or lightning) it would have to have a certain amount of spells from one of these sub skills it would be based on. This might change the spellcasting system in a certain way, but i haven't heard what their gonna do with the whole "spell casting" system.