Assistance with gaining rare(er) items?

rhys8866

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Hey guys. I was just wondering if any of you would be willing to help me get such items as the hfrostshard and felwyn and such, maybe some better pole arms too.

My equipment is seriously lacking and I don't for the life of me know where to go for getting better stuff.
I know at my level, that is going to be kind of difficult, but I suppose once I reach an appropriate amount of HP that I could maybe join you guys one time?

If possible could you guys give me some pointers on some good grinding areas in maps? At the moment I mainly do Isle and Daragoth over and over with certain spells or weapons to gain levels. It's not bad XP.

Thanks in advanced, I appriciate it.

And incase you are wondering, my current hp is only ~461. Not alot I suppose, but then again, my skills are quite low to say the least :/.

Current Skills are in my Sig.

Rhys.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Rule of thumb for asking for item locations is that it goes under the category of "spoiler" - so you have to ask in-game. (Been the case since even before I got here.)

Granted, at that HP level, you aren't getting some of those items without online assistance anyways. Though I will say you are powerful enough that you could graduate to better grinding grounds, unless you're extraordinarily specialized.

rhys8866

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Rule of thumb for asking for item locations is that it goes under the category of "spoiler" - so you have to ask in-game. (Been the case since even before I got here.)

Granted, at that HP level, you aren't getting some of those items without online assistance anyways. Though I will say you are powerful enough that you could graduate to better grinding grounds, unless you're extraordinarily specialized.

Shit on a cracker. Sorry about that Thothie. But yeah, I shall be asking around then. And oh, okay. I guess I'll just play around with the maps. Route them out myself if I can. But thanks for the reply anyway.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Sorry but some maps are way too tedious and time consuming alone, and you might risk random crashing if the map takes too long.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
FER said:
Sorry but some maps are way too tedious and time consuming alone, and you might risk random crashing if the map takes too long.

In other words, you need an assault squad that can wipe out entire sections in milliseconds if you want to progress further. :oldlol:

MrJohnson

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
I recommend leveling up Axe Handling and Blunt Arms for HP boost and more substain while XPing :)
I mostly use axes (hit ratio can be a bitch at the lower levels with the 2H axes).

Might wanna get your hands on a lesser thunder axe and level axe handling until you can throw it (4th charge) then you can go axe AoE farming, also does more damage with more lightning skill. (If I'm not supposed to tell this uber secretz, please delete)

I often see the other guys around my "Level" leveling Archery and Spell Casting hardcore but won't gain much HP.

davidos

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Just dropping a bump-bomb in this thread simply for the fact that I came back after 4 years of basically completely forgetting about this thing whatsoever.

That being said:
A. The wiki is dead.
B. Any manuals or changelogs giving more info to what has happened have been completely nuked into oblivion
C. There is nobody online.

How the ****crackers am I supposed to even know any of this, find any of this or get close to any of this.
I can't get any of my levels further than 20 and I can pretty much solo any map using tactics and a lot of pots.

Some ACTUAL help for once would be very wanted.

Fegged

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
davidos said:
Just dropping a bump-bomb in this thread simply for the fact that I came back after 4 years of basically completely forgetting about this thing whatsoever.

That being said:
A. The wiki is dead.
B. Any manuals or changelogs giving more info to what has happened have been completely nuked into oblivion
C. There is nobody online.

How the ****crackers am I supposed to even know any of this, find any of this or get close to any of this.
I can't get any of my levels further than 20 and I can pretty much solo any map using tactics and a lot of pots.

Some ACTUAL help for once would be very wanted.

No one online? I see alot of people playing in the evening (Europeans that is, surely a few outside of europe)
Don't i ever have to hear that ever again <.<

And there are quite good maps

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
There is a recent patch release, so mod is back with some activity, it's not really alot but it's also far for being dead with the daily groups of players i see playing from time to time.

As for the info and the other bits... well, can't really help you in the forums, your best bet is to ask ingame.

davidos

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Yes, because, playing with the same lvl 5'ers every day is surely going to give me more info!

Nevermind, might as well drop the game altogether.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
A. The wiki is dead.
The wiki has been dead since the forum moved, although it doesn't contain any of the information you are looking for. ...Not sure if we've plans to do anything about that... Old Wiki was ruined by bots in anycase.

...The full changelog has been busted for the past few days due to my host going AWOL... Even their home e-mails aren't responding, so I'm a tad worried as to if/when this is going to be fixed, though it's not at all unusual for them to go down for short stretches, for they suck.

I suppose if they go AWOL long enough, I'll post it here, although even that won't give you the spoilers you are after (at least not without some guesswork). It's so damn long though, it'll probably have to be spread a bit.

If you aren't playing on FN, however, yer SOL.