Artifact Chest 2.0

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well, PLR_DMG will ramp to 1000, and then reset to 0, which adds one to PLR_DMG_TOTAL. This is to prevent t3h overflowz.

The my_points function, however, should stick em both together.

Thraxis

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Of course there are going to be kinks in the system. However, we have seen that it does work for the most part. Now hopefully Thoth can use his egyptian (Californian) magic, and whip this into full shape. I for one and rooting this thing on. If all goes well, I hope to see more arti's in game.

Good luck Thoth.

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
So, was there something about keeping your points after you get steam'd from the server? Cause, you know, that happens to me every five minutes.

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
[offtopic]Hey Thothie do you think you can add some sort of error sprite to the beginning of the sprites, or send me the stuff to compile the sprite.[/offtopic]

Points do seem to be working... sorta... at one point "my_points" were 190,000, which was quite alarming.. but they came back down and the PLR_TOTAL_DMG numbers seem to make sense. Only problem is, realistically there is almost no way to get more points by doing damage than somebody constantly ice shielding. Theres not enough monsters with enough HP to kill and achieve that by the end of a shorter map like wicard.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Points do seem to be working... sorta... at one point "my_points" were 190,000, which was quite alarming.. but they came back down and the PLR_TOTAL_DMG numbers seem to make sense. Only problem is, realistically there is almost no way to get more points by doing damage than somebody constantly ice shielding. Theres not enough monsters with enough HP to kill and achieve that by the end of a shorter map like wicard.
190,000 :X - take a look at the way I put together my_points in sv_world_commands - it was a bit hacky. (Might also double check the method it pulls it from the chests/black_chest, which is a tad different.) I guess if you had 190 PLR_TOTAL_DMG points though, that'd be right. It'd also mean someone would have to ice shield 190 people to catch up with you.

It should only give points for successful ice shields cast on another player, which can only happen every 75 seconds, or so, unless the person dies.

[offtopic]Hey Thothie do you think you can add some sort of error sprite to the beginning of the sprites, or send me the stuff to compile the sprite.[/offtopic]
I usually use Sprite Explorer for my sprite compiling needs (found on this page with a bunch o other potentially useful stuff): http://www.slackiller.com/hlprograms.htm (click on the image for the programs, not the producer's web page links) PS. If you add a sprite MAKE SURE IT MATCHES THE PALETTE OF THE OTHERS.

So, was there something about keeping your points after you get steam'd from the server? Cause, you know, that happens to me every five minutes.
There's an effort for that in there - whether it works or not is another thing entirely (tis rather complex).