Americas Army 3

SilentDeath

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
I couldn't get it to work right. Only played one round online. And now the auth servers seem to be down. Anyone else having better luck?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
IIRC this is one of those games my tax dollars pay for. It had better have more to say for itself than that. :p

Wow... I do notice they've created quite an in-depth fiction around their Doesnotexististan.

Dejiko

New Adventurer
Reaction score
so yeah...I looked at the weapons and...it seems that doesnotexististan doesn't have a long range rifle variant...

PLEASE tell me I'm wrong about this.

HomestarR

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I would like to see more MOS advertised. 11 Bravos aren't even the bulk of the army... their job isn't even that interesting. As a comms guy I have been part of fire teams and done the whole M.O.U.T schtick. The fact that the ONLY MOS in the game is general infantry is very disappointing, and unrealistic. Where is the TACP guys for close air support? How about a 13F (Forward Observer) for arty support? There is so much more to ground warfare than infantry. The weapons section is pretty accurate though. Pretty much everyone gets an M4 of some kind, although no sidearms are mentioned. Everyone usually gets a M9 as well as a M4, does that game have sidearms? I haven't played it yet. The M320 intrigues me. I have only used an M203, never seen a M320 before though. Goes to show, none of the new shit is ever given to troops overseas.

But really, Americas Army 3? I didn't even know they made a 2.

On an unrelated note:

abd78eddf990084f716d429.jpg

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
YAY the one game used for army recruitment!

AA3 has horribly bugs in it by the way, the people who where creating it where forced to make it under extreme pressures. Further more, the Army disbanded the original team that made it and gave it to someone else. So don't expect any patches to fix said bugs for a while, I played the original one long time ago, however I didn't like the military keeping tabs on my performance. Then again the very first game I played online I managed to team kill someone, then quit so I know the army has a record of me team killing.

They wouldn't want a team killer in the real world.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Blasto121 said:
Then again the very first game I played online I managed to team kill someone, then quit so I know the army has a record of me team killing.

They wouldn't want a team killer in the real world.

I lol'd, i might do that sometime also i guess :D