Alternate HUD's available?

rhys8866

New Adventurer
Reaction score
So yeah, I hate the default MS:C Hud, not because it's horrid, I just don't like the size and design of it.
I've actually redone the graphic around the pots and replaced it with my own, but I still don't like the pots.

I'd much rather have health bars, and I know that on the MSremake site I've seen screenshots in screenshot of the day where the user has an alternate hud, I'm sure it's from an older version of MS, but does anyone actually have a hud file for a different health bar sprite? Or if not could you inform me on how I could perhaps make my own?

I just really hate those pots, I want health bars :p. I find it easier to work with and it doesn't fill my damn screenspace.

Thanks!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Alas no, all you can do is tweak the graphic. :\ Can't think of how to add such an option either.

It'd be good for those ATI cards that fudge up the OpenGL layer too. :/

rhys8866

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Ah yes, that horrible bug. I'm greatful to no longer use ATI cards now XD.

I suppose that truly is the only way around it then. Oh well.

scaredwolf

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
I'd love to see a newer, sleeker HUD, perhaps in a future patch, or as an optional DL or something.

I remember finding the ATI card glitch...was such a day..I felt proud and annoyed...

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

rhys8866

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Unit42 said:
Clearly it is a platemail helmet emulator. It was an awesome feature.

Maybe in the future, the mod could feature togglable helmet overlays for greater immersion, although very light ones that don't totally destroy the screen real estate.

I love it when games add stuff like that, where I can just see the outsides of my helmet if I'm wearing some sort of armor. Such as it is in S.T.A.L.K.E.R, when you put on the Stalker gear.

40040-1-1296669247.jpg

Sorry about the oversized image, but you get the idea.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Yeah i do, more HUD glitches/bugs inbound! While that could be something nice to see, i don't see a reason to do that with all the blinding screen effects in place, because... you know, you spend more time being blind than actually seeing a damn thing in this game, ah! :wink: