• hell yea!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • nah, its ok...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
all they do is run around talking shit and stealing kills!!! they think theyre so great i want to stick a boot up theyre ass!!!....

RavenVonthora

New Adventurer
Reaction score
1) Jesus your typing could be a bit better and more comfortable for us to read

2) The only "noobish" thing I've done so far is ask how to interact with a merchant. Well of course I know this (from the old MS) but there wasn't a bind for "+use" in the options. Need to fix that!

Vomica7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
ROFL
is this because of that server we were in? :roll:

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
There are quite a few new names out there. i didnt play online very long, but i didnt anyone very annoying.

My brother, on the other hand, was playing as well, and he was trying to kill everyone. i honestly dont know why he finds it fun, but ill smack him if i see him doing it agian
he goes by f0rsaken

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
RavenVonthora said:
1) Jesus your typing could be a bit better and more comfortable for us to read

2) The only "noobish" thing I've done so far is ask how to interact with a merchant. Well of course I know this (from the old MS) but there wasn't a bind for "+use" in the options. Need to fix that!
by "noobs" i meant the idiots doing annoying shit. not meaning noobs in general. for the grammer sorry im lazy -.- . but any choice of words i use you have to deal with. "my Longest psp post" :D

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
N00bs nothing...

Between the constant bitching about PK's and the KS's the game just isn't worth dealing with as it is right now. Player Kills shouldn't be an issue with PK disabled - and this Kill Steeling crap - well, we just need to go back to the old XP system. It's rather silly to spend 10 minutes trying to kill a bear cub, just to have some lucky bastard come in and get the last shot so you get squat. Old system was much better, generated much less bitterness and stupidity - with the 20% penalty for death, it's more viable now than it was then.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Tis not working that way, sadly. At least not with the MS Central database on and people forming parties. All the XP has been going to the last person to get in a blow very consistantly.

The Valorous

New Adventurer
Reaction score
We were all noobs once... though for me I can't really remember. I do remember around the time I joined... early September 2001.

jack hawkins

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Well back in the day when i was a little boy playing MS we did not have any internet connection at home, my brother downloaded MS from his friends house and brought it round ours, me and my two brothers played it for ages, then we got the internet and playing it online, so really i was never a n00b because me and my brothers didn't know better, and no one eles was there to comment

Lanethan

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Huh...my experience with the XP division system seems to work just fine, never had a kill 'stolen' without getting something out of it. Though of course my experience is just that of one player. We'll look into it.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
I've had no bad experiences with any 'noobs', because I'm somewhat of a 'noob' myself. MS: C isn't just a continuation of MS, it's a whole new game and I keep finding myself staring at cool things such as the weather effects, day/night system, 99%-working Edana clock (it went from 2:45 to 3:00 once in 1 second), the dual-wielding system and lots of other stuff.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
i miss the old community... everyone on there now are all pricks... i mean my freind was over today and he wanted to play so he did, and this annoying little bastard came up to him and demanded that he have his bow... he told him no... turns out it was the server admin and he was kicked... umm i see something wrong... there... plus i shouldnt have to share my xp unwillingly... im with thothie witht he new community master sword almost isnt worth it .... with them around...

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
im with thothie witht he new community master sword almost isnt worth it

Don't get me wrong, I'm saying the general discord and ill-will is a result of the changes/bugs in the game's XP and PK system (PK/KSing like mad shouldn't be possible unless you set it up that way).

Given how many people in the old days would hack their chars, TK people, and pass out gold by the millions, I don't see this crowd as any worse than the old, just the same type of people in a much more competitive and hostile environment.

Let's keep this game Co-op lest set otherwise, plzktnx?

Innos

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I have a noob question lol

Am I able to vote on time in a lan server and if I am how?

Ewok

New Adventurer
Reaction score
The XP system has never changed. As far as I remember it's always divided fine in Master Sword : Continued.

- Ewok

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Not on my server it don't.

It used to give you XP as you whacked things, so everyone who hit got XP as they attacked.

Now, it's *supposed* to divide XP up when the creature dies - but it don't. Hence all the screaming about Kill Steeling.

Last person to hit gets the XP on my server.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
It actually does work: Here's the proof.

I was playing with five other people or so and I was whacking a boar. I got some PC lag (computer was running out of memory again, damn memory leak) and the next thing I notice is the boar killing me. I was leveling my axe handling skill and the balance was at about 98%.

A few seconds after I respawned I saw "Axe handling balance +1". Apparently, somebody killed "my boar". I did get XP though, causing my axe handling balance to raise a level.

Proof!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I've had that happen from time to time, although generally only when in a party.

However, I can site thousands of times, where the exact opposite has happened, as can everyone on my server.

It's bad enough when people are whacking on bears by themselves for 10 minutes, only to have all their XP robbed by some lucky fire bolt. I can't wait to see what it'll be like when people start fighting over who gets the last blow on Clarian