A new facet of HL graphic design:

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I'm trying to make sprites for our lovely mod, in order to make it lovelier. I already made a magic sprite;
magic0.gif
Something simple...But better than that lollipop we call our current magic sprite.
Only thing is, I cannot get the damned things to compile; I'm using Sprite Explorer.
Sprites use .qc scripts...Is it possible to create a functional sprite via HLMV's compiler?

(EDIT: Also, don't follow my example and use lens flare...Unless you know what you're doing ;))

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Sprites don't need .qc scripts, at least not the ones I've done.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Heh, this program is asking for them for some reason...
What do you use? I'm just trying to do the aforementioned item tiles...For now.

tehrilez

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Since when the HELL do sprites need .qc files?

You should be able to load the BMP and save it as a sprite..

(also, two lens flares right on top of each other.. a magic tile doesn't make..)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Sprites do have QC files, the file structure is very similar to a MDL - it's just most sprites compilers just author it for you, which robs you of a lot of options.

Easiest way to deal with that in Sprite Explorer, is to extract the QC file from one of the existing inventory sprites.

However, inventory sprites add to the model count. So unless you are replacing an inventory sprite that is currently in use, we can't use this, as we don't want to add more models through the inventory system. (You’ll notice none of the newer weapons have their own inventory sprites - this isn’t just laziness.)

One of the critical codeing tasks we need to do is to find a way to make the inventory system use a multi-frame sprite and thus eliminate this problem (and free more than half our model slots), but I don’t think we have anyone with the programming expertise to figure that out, at the moment.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Well...If I made the multi-frame sprite, would that coerce you into exploring the options(After you get out nov2007[or novdec2007, but hopefully not ;)])?

Also...
@Rilez:
ffs, if you're gonna thrash it, outdo me. Construct, don't b!tch. kthx

tehrilez

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Sabre said:
Well...If I made the multi-frame sprite, would that coerce you into exploring the options(After you get out nov2007[or novdec2007, but hopefully not ;)])?

Also...
@Rilez:
ffs, if you're gonna thrash it, outdo me. Construct, don't b!tch. kthx

Yes, I am 100% bitching. Please, yell at me for saying it didn't look good. Please, I didn't mean to tell it like it is. You have every right to force me to like everything you make, and if I don't like it and say so, I must be punished. Excuse me for noticing you took two seconds to use two different lens flares, then acting like you are the greatest. "Tip : Don't use two lens flares like me unless you know what you're doing, I'm pro.:wink:"

I will now "ffs" and "stay the fuck out" of your "business" and "such." I won't continue to "bitch" or point out any flaw your work may have. I will now love everything you create and will offer NO criticism what so ever because I know if I do, I will get the response I just got.

My sincere, sincere condolences, my dear friend. I do hope I did not upset you in anyway, but it appears I have, with the "FFS" and "If you're going to thrash it, outdue me"

What I did to deserve this I will never know. Anyone looking at it for 2 and a half seconds can see you placed to lens flares in the same spot.

I'm in a fucking pissed off mood right now sabre, so I'll say this.

You are not fuck ing pro at what you do, please, anyone can do what you did. Everything you fuck ing make you say something to make yourself seem like the only who does any work around here, and I'm sick and tired of it. You act like a spoiled jerk and if anything points out anything wrong you freak out and act like a two year old pulled away from a sale at the near by candy store. After every fucking response you reply with "Outdue me then" I've tried. I tried to reskin the urudal shield first, so you took over that thread. I tried to map, you and shuriken blew that thread to shreads. I tried to code MS:S, and half of the fuck ing forum ragged on me about it. What HAVEN'T I tried to do? Become a rock star?

Go ahead, yell. I know shuriken will LOVE to make a great comeback to this. It IS what you're good at, isn't it?

Maybe you should stop being such a stupid brat and learn to deal with it when your work is a piece of crap. Sure, the crest you made for mario is nice, but half of everything I see out of you probably took three seconds in photo shop.

But no, you won't even read this, and I doubt anyone will. You will continue to harass me, fine, whatever. At least I know I stood up for myself. I'm not gonna let anyone fuck ing push me around on here anymore. I'm sick and tired of your bull shit. You told me to be constructive? Here it is! I just spent the past 6 minutes telling you off!

I'm done, it's not "worth my time" to argue with someone who will just reply with "you're just jealous of my computering skillz!1! gtfo and do something you do nothing!! So now in your way " NOW PLEASE GTFO AND DO SOMETHING WORTH MY TIME! GTFO YOU DO NOTHING"

KTHX

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Wow. I'm not bothering to read that. I have a feeling it can be summarized as "WHINE", though...

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I did. I laughed...
First and foremost:
I frankly don't care what you believe, I see absolutely no negative comments by myself or Shuriken in your one map thread. Know why? Cause you weren't an ass back then, and I actually had some respect for you.

Moreover, I only made the comment because you do b!tch at EVERYTHING I post in this section; no criticism or anything. I won't even bother posting examples, I believe that two pages of ownage directed at you in most of the aforementioned threads speak for themselves.
And, as I said in the Ushield thread...I was working on it before you were, and P can attest to that...I actually mentioned that.

We rag on you because you don't finish what you start, nor do you do anything to our knowledge...Even your fights.

In conclusion, I'm sorry that you can't finish anything for the mod, and have people like it. If and when I see you wearing or using anything I submitted I'll be sure to make a note that despite my obvious failure, and the fact that no one in this mod likes how I contribute, you're still wearing my sh*t.

(By the way, I only made the lens flare comment because I have seen horrible usage of said render, almost every time it's used.)

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Tehrilez, if you're going to make a huge post, at least make it something... Productive? Instead of a whiney fit, because you act like an ass and it goes right back into your face.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
CrazyMonkeyDude said:
Tehrilez, if you're going to make a huge post, at least make it something... Productive? Instead of a whiney fit, because you act like an ass and it goes right back into your face.

Now you're thinking with Portals.

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
tehrilez said:

You have no clue on the subject to which you pretend to be knowledgeable. Please just give it up, thats all that needs to be said here.

In all honesty you've been in the same mood since you got here. You have attempted to make things, and given up on them. That is fine in itself, but when you then insult other people's work it reflects poorly on you. Seeing as how you have really not completed and contributed anything it leaves you in bad position, so you will always get the "well then you do better, ass!" argument thrown back at you.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Shurik3n said:
tehrilez said:

You have no clue on the subject to which you pretend to be knowledgeable. Please just give it up, thats all that needs to be said here.

In all honesty you've been in the same mood since you got here. You have attempted to make things, and given up on them. That is fine in itself, but when you then insult other people's work it reflects poorly on you. Seeing as how you have really not completed and contributed anything it leaves you in bad position, so you will always get the "well then you do better, ass!" argument thrown back at you.

Well, then you be a better forum whiner/b*tcher/annoyance, ass!

doucwatididthar?

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
No. Get out. Just get out. KTHX

Fadda

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
tehrilez said:
Everything you **** ing make you say something to make yourself seem like the only who does any work around here, and I'm sick and tired of it.

Someones holding someone to a double-standard eh?

How about that "ownership trip" you went on, slinging out betas to people saying hooyaboola or whatever it was?

You know what that shows? That you think you own everything related to MS. Please, be gone.

You should seriously consider what you type before you type it, for that is some of the worst BS I ever read in my life.

Oh, and by the way: Loser.jpg

Red Cell

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
My nipples are getting hard from reading this thread.

WeissberV

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
"Badge of lose." um needs to be changed to "fail" not "lose"

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
It gets its point across just fine.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I'm just ignoring the entire self-generated rilez h8 subtopic... But in answer to OT question:

Sabre said:

No, as I could probably do that with my eyes closed (it'd just take a lot longer...) - issue is the lack of code, rather than the lack of sprite.

However, if you want to assemble the massive sprite and forward it to MiB or Shuriken in an effort to "nudge" them into working on the code bit, feel free. ;)

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I shall look into it some time.I keep getting some random error when trying to create actual sprites, so when I've an idea of just what the fuck I'm doing, then thar.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I've already had my arse handed to me by sockets, I don't know that I want to go into another "LAWL-CODE-H8-U" area so soon after. Give it to Shuri >_>

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
It would seem that Shuri is a WoWhore.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Oh, I see how it is. I'm going to have to destroy WoW, then.

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Actually, I've been playing a lot of RL recently.