8800GT !! The solution to Graphic cards!

Belmont

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
http://www.nvidia.com/page/geforce_8800.html

229 Dollars for normal version and 239 or 249 for OC'd version.

239 Euros for normal and 249 for the OC'd version.

I hate 1$=1€ conversion T_T

But really, this card is a beast, if anyone still has got a 6000,7000 or a 8500/8600 consider upgrading to this one, this also is better than the ATI HD2900 is price/power.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Yet again proof that nVidia is better than ATi. The current ATi flagship graphics card, which is the Radeon HD 2900 XT, actually gets beaten by the GeForce 8800 GTS (currently nVidia's third best consumer graphics card), and judging by the specifications of the GeForce 8800 GT (currently nVidia's fourth best consumer graphics card), I have no doubt that this card will also beat the Radeon HD 2900 XT.
This also means that the Radeon HD 2900 XT can't even touch the GeForce 8800 GTX, let alone the GeForce 8800 Ultra.

And about the price... well, I guess it's okay. Still, I'm happy enough with my XFX 7800 GTX right now. It still performs good enough (except in Crysis, but that's a different story). I could use a new processor though... too bad Core 2 Quad processors are expensive little things.

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
8800 GTS actually isn't all that good. Or I suck at setting up video cards and tweaking video settings. I lag if I play Oblivion on high settings with a resolution of 1280x1024 (and I have the 8800 GTS). I also have 2 gigs of DDR2 ram and and Intel Core2Duo E6600 CPU.

Belmont

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I know why you lag, or think so.

In the nVidia control panel, check if AA and AF is on. (not in the game, but in the panel control, if you need screens, PM me). If it is on, turn to always off or decided by game (or something like that).

also, consider checking

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=44984

Dark_Force9999

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I got BFG Nvidia 8800 GTS OC 640mb and it plays practically all games super smooth on maximum settings (noticable in BF2142 or ET:QW). Everything became easier to notice and you can interact with the environment with no lag making it easier to kill.

Also it includes me having 3.0 GHz CPU and 2GB ram

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Speaking of processors...
Me and Mikkel(Since we have almost identical rigs) were talking about QuadCore processors...
They fit into the socket 478 mountings, right? If so...Jackpot 8)

Jeremiah

New Adventurer
Reaction score
socket 478? nah 775. i got an 478 socket with an old crappy P4 3,0ghz HT in in. the currently used socket of intel is 775 as i know. ohn and you guys do realize buying a quadcore is just not necessary?

there's just a VERY small amount of games and programs supporting quads right (and there won't be a hell more in the near future) now so your perdormance boost compared to a core 2 duo would be like zero, except for the quad core optimized aplicatiions.
sure crysis will support quad core but spending so much money for one game?

you guys really go better witha core 2 duo. best model with very nice price is the 6750 2x2,93ghz if i'm not mistaken, and with a better better cooler for like 10-20 bucks you can raise it up about one ghz meaning you got 2x3,93 so like 4ghz dual core w00t.

OR you guys wait till early 2008 since intel gonna realease their penryn core 2 duos wich are up to 50% faster in any application compared to the core 2 duos out now, and again there's plenty overclocking potentiel i guess. i'm gonna go for the 2x2,93ghz penryn core 2 duo since it's as fast as a present quad core but more than half as cheap.

right now and in the near future you will have almost NO performance boost at all with quad cores except for some specials like crysis wich will great on a core 2 duo and especially on a penryn core 2 duo.

save some money with this and buy an even better CPU in like 1-3 years.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Heh, that's the one I was thinking of...LGA775 :oops:
In practicality, one could host many a MS:C dedicated servers with a quad core...I think I manage fairly well running two, by assigning one server to each core.

Jeremiah

New Adventurer
Reaction score
lol even my rig could setup quiet an amount of ms:c servers. and it's like really outdated.

P4 3,0Ghz HT
2x1GIG DDR 333
120GIG IDE HDD
7900GS 512MB AGP

i mean seriously sockets 478, IDE, DDR (not DDR2), and IDE. that's not even a decent mid range computer anymore. i just keep my perdormance by optimizing and tweaking my system as much as i can - just software based - no overclocking - and for that it runs very fine.

WeissberV

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
u guys get errections talking about ur pc specifications

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Well, I meant to say two decent server whilst actively using the computer, my mistake ;)

Belmont

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
WeissberV said:

Stop with your useless spam alredy, ffs.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
WeissberV said:
Explain me why you're posting this kind of nonsense?
You can either stop posting crap or donate me enough money to buy a Core 2 Extreme QX6850, two XFX 8800 Ultra video cards and 4 GB DDR2 memory.

WeissberV

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
its true though "i got my uber XD328723092730972130981289duhdoiwdw grapchis card this week and i love it so much i play all the good games on it, oh yeah on my pronz" :/ i can't even remmember the kinds of graphics cards except for the Nvidia series that easy to remmeber but Raedoen is like QX2429482 or DV1337 :/ some guy at school about 2 years ago said "what graphics card u got?" i said 7600 Geforce and he said "GS or GT?" i said GS and then he went on about how much better his GT was and i swear he got an erection by talking about it :/

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
So, WeissberV, let me visually depict your behavior regarding posting.
Untitled-1-6.jpg

Let x be the point when your posts become relative to this thread. As you can see, your posts(The semicircle) are tangent to point X, meaning that you have approached point X, but never actually reached it...Conversely, your posts also become more distant in relation to point X over time, as depicted by the downward curve. This demonstrates how you contribute to threads, in essence; by not contributing at all.

tehrilez

New Adventurer
Reaction score
actually, the solution to graphics cards is dual Geforce 8800 Ultra 768MB's

But two would cost over $1200.

Oh well!

untitled-4.gif

I wonder if two are even needed.

Red Cell

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I have an Nvida 6100 with my new laptop, I cant play shit and I'm pissed. Nvida doesnt even have updates for that type of card anymore, fuck ing gateway I hate them.

WeissberV

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
Sabre said:
Untitled-1-6.jpg

Let x be the point when your posts become relative to this thread. As you can see, your posts(The semicircle) are tangent to point X, meaning that you have approached point X, but never actually reached it...Conversely, your posts also become more distant in relation to point X over time, as depicted by the downward curve. This demonstrates how you contribute to threads, in essence; by not contributing at all.

pff other ppl never reach x at all >.>

Thraxis

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
WeissberV said:
Sabre said:
Untitled-1-6.jpg

WeissberV said:

WeissberV said:

Sabre said:
you have approached point X, but never actually reached it

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
I plan on buying one of these cards here soon, specifically the PNY version its pretty cheap at around 260$. These cards can handle well in about everything, though they still lack in DX10. Then again the only card that can handle proper DX10 is the freaky 8800 Ultra, but I don't want to part with that much money on a video card.

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
I was going to wait, however Nvidia is waiting a nice long time before they release it. What people thought was the coming of Geforce 9 was a lie, its actually the coming of new Geforce 8 cards. I have done so much research on it my head is starting to hurt. The next card they release will the Geforce 8900 something.

Belmont

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
There won't be 9000 series until ATI beats the 8800 ultra and not going over the price of the Ultra.

Also, the 8800 GT is a beast, it's almost a GTX you should have no problems running any game with it, given you have a dual core. (with a quad even better)

I havent heard of a 8900, but I did of a newer GTS model, but that might be a fake.

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
the only issues will arise when developers start pushing DX10 more, DX10 is very frame buffer heavy so a video card with lots of ram will always perform better than one with less, thats why the ULTRA and GTX version work well right now for DX10. However it is being predicted that the GeForce 9 cards will be the cards to get for DX10.

Though for me I was happy with what I saw in SLI GeForce 8800GT.